cardiology subspecialty

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

salmonella

Gram-Negative Rods
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is there any clinical cardiology subspecialty that involves no stress, no code blue, no interventional procedures, no emergencies? Would heart failure fellowship fit this description? Can a cardiologist just do cardiac imaging all day in a dark room, much like a radiologist?

Members don't see this ad.

Is there any clinical cardiology subspecialty that involves no stress, no code blue, no interventional procedures, no emergencies? Would heart failure fellowship fit this description? Can a cardiologist just do cardiac imaging all day in a dark room, much like a radiologist?

After all of the dogging of radiology for all of the reasons stated above, you want a job in cardiology that offers the same things?

INCREDIBLE!
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

rofl, this was me like exactly 2 months ago. listen buddy, its over. once you start thinking like that, once you have those thoughts planted in your head, it's over and you've succumbed to the seduction of radiology. now hopefully, since cardiology is more competitive than radiology, you should have no problems matching into rads. :laugh:

have you thought about echocardiology? $$$, no turf wars, good hours, very interesting pathology, and probably minimal call. and they also can have clinics in case you'll miss seeing patients and what not. i think its one of the hottest, most competitive cards fellowships right now anyway. doesn't surprise me one bit. the only thing that surprises me is doing 3 years of IM, 3 years of cardiology and 1-2 years fellowship to do only imaging when you could have done that straight out of med school.

nuclear cardiology