Care package ideas

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BoardingDoc

Don't worry. I've got my towel.
Volunteer Staff
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
There are a million suggestions on this online and I'm going through them. What I'm curious about is whether there is anything as a deployed physician that you'd like in a care package. Specifically, is there any difference in what an officer/doc might need/want compared to an enlisted soldier? Or are all of these websites suggesting toiletries, snacks, DVDs, games, etc pretty much on point? Just wanted to send something nice/useful.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
They’re on point for the sandbox. Particularly the toiletries. Homemade oatmeal raisin cookies were awesome. I might have received some single malt “mouthwash”. Pringles containers are excellent for repackaging. You can lay the foil back in place if you tear it carefully.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
There are a million suggestions on this online and I'm going through them. What I'm curious about is whether there is anything as a deployed physician that you'd like in a care package. Specifically, is there any difference in what an officer/doc might need/want compared to an enlisted soldier? Or are all of these websites suggesting toiletries, snacks, DVDs, games, etc pretty much on point? Just wanted to send something nice/useful.

It depends on gender and location of deployment - no need to break OPSEC, but Middle East vs. Africa vs. Asia?
I can tell you what NOT to send: stuffed animals and SUPER absorbency pads - no female in her right mind is manning a post in Iraq or Afghanistan wearing a diaper. That always irked me.
But snacks were the best- like protein bars, pretzels, any particular good snack from home. Also the little tea packets that mix into water bottles. And new DVD releases, unless there is a bootlegger right off base and then that's unnecessary. Toiletries not so much as they were readily available on base, unless there's a particular kind they like.