Career advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Orbit314

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is someone that you can pay to help you find a job based on the degrees you hold?

Someone has told me that you can pay a job hunter to look for jobs but I have not seen anything like this....is this true.

Also what do school career centers do....are they available to help find you a job based on your degrees?

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know if there is someone that you can pay to help you find a job based on the degrees you hold?

Someone has told me that you can pay a job hunter to look for jobs but I have not seen anything like this....is this true.

Also what do school career centers do....are they available to help find you a job based on your degrees?

Don't pay someone to find a job for you. Companies hire job placement services to find them employees, so anyone offering to find you a job for a fee sounds like a scam, barring a specific, uncommon job type. Send out resumes to job placement companies, apply to listings on job search sites online, talk to your school's career center, etc, just don't try to find someone to pay to find you a job.

Members don't see this ad :)
I mean a company that I can PAY and say here are the degrees I have. Can you help me find job placements?..... and expect them to call me back and tell me these are the jobs available that will hire you today with your credentials.......not necessarily in just health related jobs.....Is this what a job placement company does?

Also when you post your resume at places like Monster and Indeed.com are you applying for a job or just posting your resume and waiting for responses?

Career services at your college is a really good place to start. Plus you know that employers that contact them might not have a "2 years of work in X field is required".

Sent from my iPhone using SDN Mobile app, forgive my typos!

I mean a company that I can PAY and say here are the degrees I have. Can you help me find job placements?..... and expect them to call me back and tell me these are the jobs available that will hire you today with your credentials.......not necessarily in just health related jobs.....Is this what a job placement company does?

Also when you post your resume at places like Monster and Indeed.com are you applying for a job or just posting your resume and waiting for responses?

First, companies that find you jobs are hired by the employers looking for employees, not by the prospective employees. If a job placement company wants you to pay them, go somewhere else.

Second, for online job searches, both. You can post your résumé and hiring managers and/or head hunters will contact you about job opportunities, and you can apply to specific listed jobs. I worked two lab jobs after my informal post Bach. The first I was hired into by applying to their online job posting. The second was never listed online, but a headhunter from a placement agency saw my résumé online and contacted me directly. Neither one was I expected to pay those hiring me or finding me a job, that is shady and should be avoided if anyone makes you that type of offer.