Caribbean F1 visa question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

huggi

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm currently completing my MPH from a university in the US. I want to go to med school here but my application is looking unsuccessful mainly due to my international status (F1 visa), if I consider going to the Caribbean how will my visa work for the 2 years of clinical rotation in the US?

Also, at how much of a disadvantage are students who are not US residents in getting competitive residencies?

Would you recommend I take the risk of going thru medical school in the caribbean with my visa status?

Thanks
Huggi

Members don't see this ad.

I'm currently completing my MPH from a university in the US. I want to go to med school here but my application is looking unsuccessful mainly due to my international status (F1 visa), if I consider going to the Caribbean how will my visa work for the 2 years of clinical rotation in the US?

Also, at how much of a disadvantage are students who are not US residents in getting competitive residencies?

Would you recommend I take the risk of going thru medical school in the caribbean with my visa status?

Thanks
Huggi

If you are a really strong candidate for medical school in US as a F1 visa student, then they are some medical school who will take students on your status. University of Chicago's Pritzker School of Medicine etc., takes foreign students.

Now as far as the Caribbean it all really depends, which country's national are you. I heard Canadian get the temporary visa for US fairly easily, but I'm certainly no Immigration attorney lolz.

Good luck to yaa!!!

Huggi,
Where are you from? I have a similar question too. I am an Indian citizen currently studying in the US. I am planning to go to St. George's and was wondering if I could enter US again for my rotations in the 3rd and the 4th year on an F1 visa. Also , how difficult it is to get the visa.

Any help will be appreciated.