carolyn kuckein research fellowship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

axs07

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is a long shot but anyone else apply to the fellowship still waiting to hear back? They said they’d announce awardees yesterday. Not sure if they just aren’t sending out rejections yet.

Members don't see this ad.

No, it is most likely delayed. In 2020, it was delayed (~2 weeks if I remember correctly). Hang in there and good luck

Reactions: 1 user
OMG thank you!!! i have been unable to study for step waiting for an email response. I can now relax

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, definitely don't worry about it! I was selected in 2020 and submitted my final report >2 weeks ago. It's still under review by the final committee. Back in 2020 they mentioned that COVID made it difficult to review the submissions, so I can imagine it is similar.

Best of luck on Step!

No not yet :( Hopefully this week!

Has anyone heard back? I already emailed Ms. Appel earlier on and still haven’t heard since she told me there was a delay. It’s been about 3 weeks since she told me there was a delay though

I've been anxious about it and am starting to think I was rejected and was never officially told.

Last edited:
Nope haven't heard anything. Emailed them this week to see if there was any update, haven't heard back yet

Nope haven't heard anything. Emailed them this week to see if there was any update, haven't heard back yet
Would you mind posting on DMing me if you hear a result or an update from the program? I’ll do the same on my end, but the anxiety is killing me.

Would you mind posting on DMing me if you hear a result or an update from the program? I’ll do the same on my end, but the anxiety is killing me.
Hey, just wanted to know if you got approved, it seems like they approve most schools that send an application. I applied and got selected for our school this year and was wondering if that’s the case

Hey, just wanted to know if you got approved, it seems like they approve most schools that send an application. I applied and got selected for our school this year and was wondering if that’s the case
Yeah I did. I called the people during my application process and they had stated they usually accepted 60-70% of proposals.