CARS Books?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kinzlvr1

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello!

I am planning on getting Kaplan books for content review, but I saw on here that their CARS book and TBR's CARS books aren't optimal. I do plan on getting all the AAMC materials to do 4-6 weeks before my MCAT, but I was just wondering what you all recommend what books/materials other than AAMC I should get right now to start preparing for CARS. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I’ve heard UWorld has decent passages, but if you’re planning to just practice timing or get used to doing CARS, it’s probably fine using free resources, like JW and KA. I only used KA and JW before I started using AAMC materials and scored 90th percentile on CARS. IMO, Reviewing AAMC material is the most important part of preparation, and all the other third party resources must be taken with a little bit of grain of salt, since they have their own logic for answers.

Reactions: 1 users
All the above. Also, a tip I used was reading more in general. Especially in weeks up to the exam, I Forced myself to read boring short stories every morning and night. It helped big time in the long run

Members don't see this ad :)