CARS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

moneyking

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I did the tprh verbal workbook 2011, and scored a 4 and 5 on test 1 and 2. My exam is on 23rd of september. What is the best option to improve?
Mass practice or to get a tutor?
Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

How are you attacking the passages? what strategy are you using? If what you are doing is not working, try something else. pm me and i can tell you how i approach verbal it might work for u

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
@moneyking - those are not really worth doing - they are not representative of the current exam. You need to do the 2015 tests. :)

@moneyking - those are not really worth doing - they are not representative of the current exam. You need to do the 2015 tests. :)

Actually, the TPR CARS prep material didn't change at all. I have the verbal prep book from 2012, and the CARS for 2015 (the books with all the strategies and stuff), and literally all the strategies and all the practice passages are the same.

OP you might be better of with just doing mass practice if you understand what your weaknesses are and the reasons as to why you're getting certain questions wrong.

@Gibbward - did not know that with TPR :) As long as the focus is on anything NON science for CARS, that should, as you said, work well. There is no science in CARS (verbal) now.

@Gibbward - did not know that with TPR :) As long as the focus is on anything NON science for CARS, that should, as you said, work well. There is no science in CARS (verbal) now.

That's definitely an issue with the TPR CARS passages in the books though. There are definitely a bunch of science/psych passages, but I still think doing those passages are helpful. It won't expose the kinds of passages you could expect, but it'll definitely help in perfecting your technique.

Very true. Also finding some philosophy and history passages from other test prep companies would be helpful, I bet ;)