Case Western 2011 Facebook group

Started by herasasil
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
where i come from, people call this school "just in case western," as their last resort. haha. most people i know didn't even apply there.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
where i come from, people call this school "just in case western," as their last resort. haha. most people i know didn't even apply there.

calm down...son! there are better ways to handle rejections!
so much hatred because Case gets a lot of attention on SDN.
 
I dunno if you are taking a cheap shot at those who are going/go to Case but to each his own, some people don't like certain schools and that is fair enough, some people look at schools based on where they live and I am assuming you would prefer to stay close to home or maybe like Florida. People look for different things from a school, so "just in case" your are ripping on Case Western there are 2000+ applicants whom it is not necessarilly the last resort for.
Case is a reputable school and I think anyone would be grateful for the offer to attend this or for that matter any other schools in the country including UFCD, it is a tremendous achievement to be admitted to any school, maybe out in Florida you all don't get a perspective of the schools up North.

I don't know anyone who applied to UFCD either but I'm sure the program has a lot to offer, and I wouldn't put it down to disrespect people who go there or really want to.
 
I dunno if you are taking a cheap shot at those who are going/go to Case but to each his own, some people don't like certain schools and that is fair enough, some people look at schools based on where they live and I am assuming you would prefer to stay close to home or maybe like Florida. People look for different things from a school, so "just in case" your are ripping on Case Western there are 2000+ applicants whom it is not necessarilly the last resort for.
Case is a reputable school and I think anyone would be grateful for the offer to attend this or for that matter any other schools in the country including UFCD, it is a tremendous achievement to be admitted to any school, maybe out in Florida you all don't get a perspective of the schools up North.

I don't know anyone who applied to UFCD either but I'm sure the program has a lot to offer, and I wouldn't put it down to disrespect people who go there or really want to.

Well said naj118.
~I haven't heard of anybody here applied there either.
 
where i come from, people call this school "just in case western," as their last resort. haha. most people i know didn't even apply there.

HAHA that's hilarious!!!

insert awkward pause here............

but seriously now, i know your husband is at UFCD but are you even a pre-dent yourself or are you just on sdn trying to live vicariously through us?
 
Wow, you guys are fast on this one. I don't think our 2010 group was set up until after school started. 😛

Anyways, congrats and I hope to see you guys this fall. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me. 😎 👍
 
I wasn’t trying to put down anybody going to Case, I just thought that was a funny comment that I heard from one of our friends. I don’t know anything about Case so I don’t know if it is a good school or not. Everybody has different opinions about what schools are good and which are not.


No, I am not a pre-dent, but like I said, my husband is in dental school. I don’t know if any of you are married, but in our marriage everything is a team effort. The day we got engaged, dentistry became my life too, and will be my life until we retire. I may not be in dental school myself, but I know a lot about the application process, seeing as I did most of the application with him or for him. I spent just as many hours as he did pouring over all the different websites and going over statistics, trying to decide which schools we wanted to apply to. We picked out the schools we were going to apply to together, filled out all that AADSAS stuff together, I helped him write all his essays and personal statements, get copies of his transcripts and his letters of recommendation. After school started for his last year of undergrad, he was taking 27 credits that fall semester (he graduated in 3 years, not 4), so I am the one that filled out every single supplemental application, mailed in all the application fees, did all the calling to check on the status of his applications, etc. I went to all his interviews with him, we decided together which school we should go to (luckily we agreed!). And now that he is in dental school, I work full time so we don’t have to borrow loan money to live on, I pay all the bills, I take care of a lot of things so he doesn’t have to worry about them, I cook for him, and help him study and review and edit all his papers he has to write.

I’m not complaining, I actually love doing all this. I too have invested a lot of time in dental school, and I plan to stay involved in my husband’s practice. I’m just trying to point out that my life IS dentistry too, I have no need to "live vicariously" through YOUR lives.
 
I wasn’t trying to put down anybody going to Case, I just thought that was a funny comment that I heard from one of our friends. I don’t know anything about Case so I don’t know if it is a good school or not. Everybody has different opinions about what schools are good and which are not.


No, I am not a pre-dent, but like I said, my husband is in dental school. I don’t know if any of you are married, but in our marriage everything is a team effort. The day we got engaged, dentistry became my life too, and will be my life until we retire. I may not be in dental school myself, but I know a lot about the application process, seeing as I did most of the application with him or for him. I spent just as many hours as he did pouring over all the different websites and going over statistics, trying to decide which schools we wanted to apply to. We picked out the schools we were going to apply to together, filled out all that AADSAS stuff together, I helped him write all his essays and personal statements, get copies of his transcripts and his letters of recommendation. After school started for his last year of undergrad, he was taking 27 credits that fall semester (he graduated in 3 years, not 4), so I am the one that filled out every single supplemental application, mailed in all the application fees, did all the calling to check on the status of his applications, etc. I went to all his interviews with him, we decided together which school we should go to (luckily we agreed!). And now that he is in dental school, I work full time so we don’t have to borrow loan money to live on, I pay all the bills, I take care of a lot of things so he doesn’t have to worry about them, I cook for him, and help him study and review and edit all his papers he has to write.

I’m not complaining, I actually love doing all this. I too have invested a lot of time in dental school, and I plan to stay involved in my husband’s practice. I’m just trying to point out that my life IS dentistry too, I have no need to "live vicariously" through YOUR lives.

i seriously need to get myself a wife...somehow i just can't convince my bf that he should work, be a full-time student AND cook dinner each night AND do my laundry AND cleaning. :d
 
i know my comment was a bit harsh but your initial comment sounded demeaning esp since this was a case related thread. since now it's clear that you weren't trying to be malicious i apologize for what i said and congratulate the gators for a well deserved championship

p.s. let me know if things between you and hubby don't work out :laugh:
 
i seriously need to get myself a wife...somehow i just can't convince my bf that he should work, be a full-time student AND cook dinner each night AND do my laundry AND cleaning. :d

Hey laelialudisia, if you find out where i can get a wife like that, let me know too!! i need someone to pay my bills..... :laugh:
 
I wasn’t trying to put down anybody going to Case, I just thought that was a funny comment that I heard from one of our friends. I don’t know anything about Case so I don’t know if it is a good school or not. Everybody has different opinions about what schools are good and which are not.


No, I am not a pre-dent, but like I said, my husband is in dental school. I don’t know if any of you are married, but in our marriage everything is a team effort. The day we got engaged, dentistry became my life too, and will be my life until we retire. I may not be in dental school myself, but I know a lot about the application process, seeing as I did most of the application with him or for him. I spent just as many hours as he did pouring over all the different websites and going over statistics, trying to decide which schools we wanted to apply to. We picked out the schools we were going to apply to together, filled out all that AADSAS stuff together, I helped him write all his essays and personal statements, get copies of his transcripts and his letters of recommendation. After school started for his last year of undergrad, he was taking 27 credits that fall semester (he graduated in 3 years, not 4), so I am the one that filled out every single supplemental application, mailed in all the application fees, did all the calling to check on the status of his applications, etc. I went to all his interviews with him, we decided together which school we should go to (luckily we agreed!). And now that he is in dental school, I work full time so we don’t have to borrow loan money to live on, I pay all the bills, I take care of a lot of things so he doesn’t have to worry about them, I cook for him, and help him study and review and edit all his papers he has to write.

I’m not complaining, I actually love doing all this. I too have invested a lot of time in dental school, and I plan to stay involved in my husband’s practice. I’m just trying to point out that my life IS dentistry too, I have no need to "live vicariously" through YOUR lives.


Wow... Do you have any sister ? 😀 😀 😀
 
keep this alive.....
You You You You You You See See See See See See See Ell Ell Ell Ell Ell Ell Ell Ay Ay Ay Ay Ay Ay Ay Ay Class Of 2011 Baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
keep this alive.....
You You You You You You See See See See See See See Ell Ell Ell Ell Ell Ell Ell Ay Ay Ay Ay Ay Ay Ay Ay Class Of 2011 Baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hehe...you're mad because your UCLA facebook thread doesn't work. 😛
 
For those accepted to Case... could you post your application stats?

I'm an 3rd year BME major at Case looking at Case Dent (among others). Was curious what you guys got in with...
​
 
Hey guys, Case seems like a fantastic school... I am so envious! I got an interview there on March 12... although I think that by that time it'll be too late already 🙁 . But it'll be still worth a shot. I was wondering where you guys stayed during your interview. I'm thinking of staying at the dental fraternity ... delta sigma delta?? Also, any feedback and tips for the interview will be very appreciated 🙂! Have fun in the fall, guys!
 
Hey guys, Case seems like a fantastic school... I am so envious! I got an interview there on March 12... although I think that by that time it'll be too late already 🙁 . But it'll be still worth a shot. I was wondering where you guys stayed during your interview. I'm thinking of staying at the dental fraternity ... delta sigma delta?? Also, any feedback and tips for the interview will be very appreciated 🙂! Have fun in the fall, guys!

If you're going to stay there make sure that those people are there when you arrive. I was going to stay there but then switched to another place. I would recommend go somewhere nicer and get a decent night sleep before your interview. Good luck 🙂
 
Hey guys, Case seems like a fantastic school... I am so envious! I got an interview there on March 12... although I think that by that time it'll be too late already 🙁 . But it'll be still worth a shot. I was wondering where you guys stayed during your interview. I'm thinking of staying at the dental fraternity ... delta sigma delta?? Also, any feedback and tips for the interview will be very appreciated 🙂! Have fun in the fall, guys!

while our house is rather dirty and the basement room smells a little musty, you sure cant beat the value. Its cheap, and you can talk to 1st-4th years. If you're in the living room early enough you can walk to the school with one of us so you don't get lost. i think it beats sitting alone in a room all night being nervous and wondering what the next day will be like with all these questions in your head.

whatever you thinks best for you
 
People who post in these threads to bash Case are classless.

Case is an excellent school. With well over 3000 applicants, I know many who would die to get accepted.

Here is my opinion. While I know that Spunk wasn't trying to bash Case with her comments, there is some truth to the saying. Poeple out west do call it "just in Case Western". While it sounds demoralizing, the poeple who say this have been accepted to other top programs as well and Case isn't there top choice. Part of that choice is due to the high price, and other reasons. The school itself is excellent and the charming neighborhoods that surround Case in the Heights are great for families and students.

There is nothing wrong with being towards the bottom of the list of great schools. 🙂
 
Thanks guys, I'm most likely going to stay at delta-sigma-delta, as I don't wanna get lost or be late or anything of that sort. I was wondering how many people actually live in that house? Also, were your interviews of the stressful variety, or of the laid-back variety? If I have an interview on March 12, will I make it for the 3rd round of acceptances (provided that they waitlist me)? 4th round? Haha...
 
Thanks guys, I'm most likely going to stay at delta-sigma-delta, as I don't wanna get lost or be late or anything of that sort. I was wondering how many people actually live in that house? Also, were your interviews of the stressful variety, or of the laid-back variety? If I have an interview on March 12, will I make it for the 3rd round of acceptances (provided that they waitlist me)? 4th round? Haha...

the most laid-back interview ever! They were reallly nice.
 
I'm interviewing for the "waitlist". What other kinds of lists are there? How does it work?
 
Total of 10 dental students are currently living at the Delt house. If you are set on staying at the house, PM me with your phone number and I will reserve you the room for that date - March 11 (pending availability).

Thanks for your interest

Thanks guys, I'm most likely going to stay at delta-sigma-delta, as I don't wanna get lost or be late or anything of that sort. I was wondering how many people actually live in that house? Also, were your interviews of the stressful variety, or of the laid-back variety? If I have an interview on March 12, will I make it for the 3rd round of acceptances (provided that they waitlist me)? 4th round? Haha...
 
uhmmm....20 are currently in the facebook group...are there more out there?😀
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am sooo itching to join that group, but alas, I have an interview for the waitlist in march. I figure half of the people attending don't have/ won't use facebook, so that makes 22 x 2 seats = 44/75 seats already filled. There's still a slim chance that I'll be able to click that magical "join" button before july rolls around!