Case Western (CWRU) School of Dental Medicine Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Did everyone hear back for the second interview with a faculty? Still waiting.
Ok I just finished my second faculty interview, and it was the most fun interview I have ever had! Super chill, honestly wanted talk more with the faculty, but the time limit was only 30min..

This was officially my last pre-december interview, and just waiting for the decision day!! So nervous!

For those who did not receive info about the second interview, I suggest emailing the school, because that's really how I got my second interview.

Good luck everyone :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know they will release acceptances at midnight on December 15th or if they will be calling people throughout the day?

Reactions: 1 users
This is a bit dated but it has a collection of how schools send out acceptances. In 2017 Case sent out emails at 7:30 AM CST

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks very much for this. Last year thread shows most of people hear back on December 2 ?? That's strange

It’s usually the first business day of December which was the 2nd last year. Due to COVID this year, they push the entire cycle back 2 weeks.

Got the email and the AADSAS status changed to Check Back December 15th incase anyone was wondering

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi guys, for those of you who received acceptances from CWRU, did anyone receive an email about scholarships? I know that scholarships offers will be emailed separately from acceptance emails, but I haven't gotten any email about scholarships. Just wondering... and thanks!

Hi guys, for those of you who received acceptances from CWRU, did anyone receive an email about scholarships? I know that scholarships offers will be emailed separately from acceptance emails, but I haven't gotten any email about scholarships. Just wondering... and thanks!
In the acceptance packet, it said that scholarship offers will be emailed separately by Tuesday, December 22.

Did anyone get a continued interest survey?

what are the odds they still have a lot of spots left for spring interviews?

what are the odds they still have a lot of spots left for spring interviews?
Case continues to interview and offer interviews well into the spring semester; I believe the last round of interviews was in April

Did anyone get a scholarship email from Case yet? I'm losing hope... thanks for any replies!

I haven't heard anything still. Anyone else?
It's been almost 2 weeks since they released their scholarship offers. I did not receive any scholarships (I'm assuming that they released on 12/22).

I further emailed admissions on 12/23, however the responder did not answer my question regarding scholarships (I asked two independent questions). I didn't follow up because the question might come across as silly/obvious/annoying, especially if they did send out scholarship information on 12/22.

Edit: it is confirmed that they did send out scholarships 12/22

Last edited:
I just declined my offer, I hope one of you well-deserving people get some good news soon!

Also declined my offer - best of luck to you all :)

has anyone gotten a post-december interview invite yet ?

Hey everyone, I’m an incoming OMFS resident. Is anyone looking for flatmates or someone to find a flat to split with? Either incoming D1s or current students. If so, please message me. I’m probably going to look at places right around campus, and I don’t see a reason not to split up the rent.

Last edited:
So I got a continued review email at December 15th and I was wondering if like that is kind of like a waitlist or rejection or what because I have never heard of continued review emails. Also, is there anything I could/ should do to increase my chances?

Received an interview invite today. 4:45 EST

I did the snapshot anyway because other school required it. It is pretty simple, it took me less than a 10 minute so might as well just do it
Any tips on succeeding in the Snapshot? I’m kinda nervous for it

any chances they're still interviewing? :/

What does that mean for the people who are still "under continued review"...is that like a rejection?

I just got invited for an interview! But I have a few questions:

It's said that everyone should register a mandatory 90-minute Q&A/informational session, with the first 30 minutes held by the administration and staff, and the rest by the students. I wonder if I should prepare for that or not. If so, what and how do I prepare? And what would I be asked about?

Also, do you recommend doing the CASPer Snapshot? What is it like, and is it a helpful boost to your application?

How is the CASPer test like?

Any recommendations for the Portfolio?

Thank you!

Last edited:
I just got invited for an interview! But I have a few questions:

It's said that everyone should register a mandatory 90-minute Q&A/informational session, with the first 30 minutes held by the administration and staff, and the rest by the students. I wonder if I should prepare for that or not. If so, what and how do I prepare? And what would I be asked about?

Also, do you recommend doing the CASPer Snapshot? What is it like, and is it a helpful boost to your application?

How is the CASPer test like?

Any recommendations for the Portfolio?

Thank you!
As far as the Q&A, we're in the same boat.

However, for CASPer, I would recommend doing the snapshot. Even if it's just for the sake of other schools you're applying to. When I applied, 4 or 5 of the school I applied to required the CASPer exam and snapshot so I just made sure to do both. The snapshot is just like a small intro to what the exam is like. The CASPer exam is a personality test and really just asks what you would do in certain situations (you find out someone cheated on an assignment, someone at work is having family problems, etc...). You can look up online how to score well on the CASPer and it offers some tips. Some that I tried to do is ask for more information in every setting, ask both sides before making a decision, etc. You don't ever see your scores so hard to say if it worked out well for me.. 🤷

For the portfolio I did a powerpoint. You can actually type "CWRU SODM portfolio" in google and a Prezi power point from an earlier student comes up that I thought was pretty impressive

As far as the Q&A, we're in the same boat.

However, for CASPer, I would recommend doing the snapshot. Even if it's just for the sake of other schools you're applying to. When I applied, 4 or 5 of the school I applied to required the CASPer exam and snapshot so I just made sure to do both. The snapshot is just like a small intro to what the exam is like. The CASPer exam is a personality test and really just asks what you would do in certain situations (you find out someone cheated on an assignment, someone at work is having family problems, etc...). You can look up online how to score well on the CASPer and it offers some tips. Some that I tried to do is ask for more information in every setting, ask both sides before making a decision, etc. You don't ever see your scores so hard to say if it worked out well for me.. 🤷

For the portfolio I did a powerpoint. You can actually type "CWRU SODM portfolio" in google and a Prezi power point from an earlier student comes up that I thought was pretty impressive
Thank you so much for the reply! As for CASPer, I wonder if BeMo is a reliable source for more practice or not apart from the sample test on our CASPer accounts?

As for Q&A, luckily I just received a reply from the director. He said Q&A is a group meeting. Everyone is muted except the faculty and staff. It is a session to get info and questions answered only, and you'll not be evaluated.

One more thing: I have received an interview invitation from the director, but I haven't received any invitation from the faculty. Have you received both invitations yet?

Good luck on the interviews ahead, brother!