Case Western vs Rochester

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

smileyek123

5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I interviewed at both and liked case better. Rochester is okay but they rank top 10% while case is true pass/fail first 2 years. Both sets of students seemed equally happy though. Also case has a new amazing building while Rochester will have the dingy old one they're currently in that has very little windows (sorta like the old case building). Pretty sure case is overall seen as a better school as well.

Only reason I'd say to go to Rochester is if money is an issue then you could at least have another option to consider depending on how good their aid is.

After getting an acceptance myself at my top in state schools, the only reason I'm still going to interviews is in the hopes of finding myself with a scholarship or some nice aid somewhere.

Edit: also just to be totally transparent I'm on the wait list at Rochester and still waiting to hear back from CWRU. Probably gonna withdraw from Rochester though since the acceptance I have I prefer over them. Just staying on the wait list in case they throw money at people in the end to try and get them to commit off the wait list.

Reactions: 1 user
I was fortunate enough to be accepted to both and am leaning towards Case. The new building looks terrific and the clinical education opportunities there seemed phenomenal. Rochester was great, but I think I would be happier at Case as of now. I will say that’s Rochester has a very unique approach and curriculum (that I loved), so I don’t think it would be ridiculous to take the interview. You might end up falling in love with the school! I will say that students at both seemed very, very happy with where they were at.