Case Western

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lamna

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
What did you guys discuss in your Case Western secondary?

Members don't see this ad.

Fishing. It was not a good choice -- I was rejected pre-interview. But who knows, maybe it was something else.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am thinking about writing about my interest in leadership activities. What do you guys think?

pretty generic -- can you be more specific?

How my experiences have impacted my decision to gain more leadership and how I used them to help others.

Originally posted by lamna
I am thinking about writing about my interest in leadership activities. What do you guys think?

I would pick one in particular and write about it. If I get a secondary I will most likely write about my missions trip to alabama.

Some more advice please.

I wrote about bugs. Yeap, you heard right, good ole insects.

Entomology was my major in college and I wrote about how they/it turned me on to science. I wrote about how I was first exposed to bugs in eigth grade, and stuff like that.

Good luck

Originally posted by lamna
What did you guys discuss in your Case Western secondary?

How to make the perfect cheesecake. It had a recipe and everything. I hope that wasn't *TOO* creative. Ah well.

Jade~

I haven't done my CWRU secondary yet, but I am working on it in my head (it's the next one I am going to do). I will likely talk about my experience as a homeowner. I have owned a townhouse since October of 2001 and my wife work it nearly every weekend. It' s so invigorating to fix up a place on your own (though we do occasionally hire outside help for somethings that look really tough). In fact, it has been so much fun, and we are so proud of being homeowners, that we have started volunteering for Habitat for Humanity.

Sure, I'm no Mother Theresa, I am really passionate about home improvement. In fact, there is nothing more satisfying than wiping the sweat off your brow after a long, arduos home improvement task as you take the first swig of that job-well-done brewski. Gosh, that sounds so middle-aged!

Caffeinated, where do you work for Habitat? I am actually working for them right now through Americorps and that is what i wrote about. Regardless of what anyone writes about for this essay I think the point is to illustarte to them that there is more to you than the typical premed who spends nis/her nights in the chem library studying in absolute quiet for four years. I am still waiting to hear back from them though. For those pof you who heard back how long did it take once your applicatin was complete?

Whatever you do, do not write about sports. Everyone I know who wrote about sports got rejected pre-interview, even I did last year when I wrote about football and the Miami Dophins. I wised up this time around and wrote about my interests in literature and my favorite book, The Canterbury Tales by Chaucer, since I was an English minor in college. Let's see how it goes this time around.

SolidGold, I would avoid giving that advice. I wrote on a sport, and got in.

Write on something that has held your interest for some time. As simple as that. Only catch is it shouldnt be medically related.

Good luck. :)

Resident Alien, I'm so glad you posted that!! I was thinking I was going to have to rewrite my whole essay...again!

CrazyTerp,

I work with Loudon County, Virginia chapter. I see that you live in the DC area. Are you in Maryland? I haven't been able to do any housework since I started with the group, as I was recovering from surgery during the last home building. So I have mostly done behind the scenes work (fundraising stuff). I hope to get out and pound some nails and spread some paint on the next one.