Case Western

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JOSHUAN

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is there anyone who is applying to Case Western and has seen the school. Is there any students who can eloborate on the program. I saw it a few weeks ago and met with an admissions officer. What are you impressions?;)

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed at Case Western last year. Case is a very clinically oriented program. You get introduced to clinical care your first semester in d-school by providing sealants for school children. You will also get your own operatory during your last two years which you can set up as you like and don't have to be fighting for chair time. They are also opening a brand new sim lab this year which is suppose to be the most high tech along with UPENN. Also to note, there is talk of them changing from a DDS to a DMD granted degree, not that it matters. Overall impression was great for me and the admissions staff and faculty are super nice. The negatives are the cost and the school is not in the best section of town, hence the murder that happened in the school of Business a month ago. I interviewed at NOVA last year also, and to me the schools seem pretty similar. Both have great facilities and cost about the same. I wouldn't say cleveland is as great as Ft. Lauderdale, but if your going to apply to Case then check out NOVA too!

I can say that I love Case Western as much as I love UCSF. The school is very well clinically oriented. However, the science aspect is good too.
They have some leaders in research there. The SIM lab is awesome. State of the art. The staffs, faculties are supernice.
I would go to Case if I didnt' get accepted to UCSF. Assuming the weather in cleveland is bad, but you'll be mostly in school, so weather will make u study some more.

And since Case is also community oriented, you'll get to go to local schools to do sealants, etc in the first week of school. And get lots of stuff done. Hence, the bad part of town turns out to be an advantage for students=Translation: lots of patients.

Case costs 50K/yr. Which I think totally worths the money.

And believe me, food in Cleveland is not that bad. It's good actually. I love the food there, snowing and stuff make life more fun and memorable.