-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Case
Started by YankeeDoodle193
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Hey did anyone else check case's iapply??? It has all this new stuff about being accepted for me although I didnt recieve official word.
Let me know guys!!
Yeah, you're right, I wonder what this means. Are you referring to the new "Additional Documents" links?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Don't you guys think it must be a mistake? Everything looks like it's for class of 2011...?
Quite possibly, I'm just curious! What do you think?
I see that stuff too. all the dates are for last year's incoming class though.... is anyone going to call the admissions office?
I keep getting the answering machine.
I just talked with a kind woman on the phone who seemed a bit confused about the situation. She said she would call me back in a bit. I guess we'll just have to wait a bit more!
I just talked with a kind woman on the phone who seemed a bit confused about the situation. She said she would call me back in a bit. I guess we'll just have to wait a bit more!
I don't see anything under "additional documents." When did you guys interview?
I don't see anything under "additional documents." When did you guys interview?
I interviewed on September 14.
Now those links under Additional Documents have disappeared, so back to waiting and waiting!
😕
😕
I think this still is a good sign though.
I think this still is a good sign though.
Way to keep faith!
They're allowed to post acceptance info as of 10/15, so if it was a sign of an acceptance there was no reason to remove it. Thus, it's a meaningless sign. Best of luck though.I think this still is a good sign though.
Check iapply guys!!
gonna be a doc...WOW
Goodluck
gonna be a doc...WOW
Goodluck
Congrats! I haven't gotten an email yet.....but I checked iApply and I was outright rejected. I'm completely shocked, although it wasn't my first choice school. Still, it stings a little >).Check iapply guys!!
gonna be a doc...WOW
Goodluck
I had great interviews at Case, and so-so interviews where I was accepted...go figure!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Post interview hold here. Sigh.....
Yes I'm wondering what exactly they mean by "post interview hold" - is that the same as waitlisted?
Post interview hold here. Sigh.....
I'm in the same boat. I wonder how many people are accepted off the waitlist? Does anyone know?
Good luck everyone! (I hope you all get off the wait list).
For those who are accepted, see this thread on Case Western's Own Forum...
http://casemed.proboards102.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=1192511494
For those who are accepted, see this thread on Case Western's Own Forum...
http://casemed.proboards102.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=1192511494
My interviewer said "almost everyone who gets waitlisted gets in off the list." I don't know if it's true or not, but that's what he said.
But again, is "application on hold" the same as "waitlisted" at cwru ?
I don't think so. The message said that we could be accepted at any point from now until April. I then says on the admissions website that all those who are on hold will by notified of their waitlist status by April.
So the question then becomes: Does Case put anyone on the waitlist at this point, or is it all holds? If it is all holds, then thinking pessimistically, one could essentially be in a waitlist spot for the whole season and not know it.
Congrats to those accepted! I wish I had your peace of mind. The worst part is studying for a midterm tonight that I could have more or less blown off if I was accepted.
It's a bit different at Case. They don't have a 'waitlist' per se at this point. Anybody who is not rejected or accepted after their interview is placed on hold. What happens is, at the end of the season they build the waitlist from about half of the hold list. Then they use the waitlist to fill any remaining seats.
Last year, they only took a handful of people from that eventual waitlist. Probably 10 students at most, I believe. There is a Case 2011 waitlist thread around here that chronicles the process.
Last year, they only took a handful of people from that eventual waitlist. Probably 10 students at most, I believe. There is a Case 2011 waitlist thread around here that chronicles the process.
Ok, after spending time I don't have poring over last years threads, this seems to be the situation. About 1/3 of each group is accepted and the rest are put on hold. Those on hold will start to be re-reviewed starting in Jan-Feb. So there is a possibility of a straight out acceptance from Jan-April. From there it goes into waitlist mode. Certainly not as optimistic as the hold letter would indicate.
Post interview hold here. Sigh.....
Ditto. I can't believe I got no love from my own alma mater.
My interviewer said "almost everyone who gets waitlisted gets in off the list." I don't know if it's true or not, but that's what he said.
But again, is "application on hold" the same as "waitlisted" at cwru ?
I can tell you for certain that this is not true. Last year they had almost no waitlist movement. Trust me, I know. 🙁
Bump...supposed to hear today but no updates thus far.
There was like no waitlist movement last year, although a couple people did come off the hold list right around February.
only a couple? wow. that's very discouraging to hear 🙁
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Similar threads
E
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 2K
E
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 889
- Replies
- 2
- Views
- 2K
- Replies
- 4
- Views
- 3K