CASPer feelings

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reaction score
Just venting here...

Did anyone else take the CASPer tonight? I just finished and am not feeling great about it. I kept running out of time on the third question and couldn't type all that I wanted to say.

I have to send this mystery test to 17 out of my 35 schools and combined with the VITA next month.. I'm pretty bummed about this cycle. I put so much time into my primary and my secondaries, and I usually do well in interviews, but these weird digital personality tests are terrifying. Is there any real correlation with medical school performance or success as a physician? Shouldn't weird personality traits be implied by the quality of our recommendation letters? I'm just hoping that most schools are only using these tests to study correlations, rather than as actual screening tools... but with so many applicants, I'm sure plenty of schools are thankful for any reason to winnow the pool. Ugh.

Members don't see this ad.

Just venting here...

Did anyone else take the CASPer tonight? I just finished and am not feeling great about it. I kept running out of time on the third question and couldn't type all that I wanted to say.

I have to send this mystery test to 17 out of my 35 schools and combined with the VITA next month.. I'm pretty bummed about this cycle. I put so much time into my primary and my secondaries, and I usually do well in interviews, but these weird digital personality tests are terrifying. Is there any real correlation with medical school performance or success as a physician? Shouldn't weird personality traits be implied by the quality of our recommendation letters? I'm just hoping that most schools are only using these tests to study correlations, rather than as actual screening tools... but with so many applicants, I'm sure plenty of schools are thankful for any reason to winnow the pool. Ugh.
I don't think CASPer affects the cycle much at all. Besides weeding out psychopaths.

Reactions: 1 user
I think schools use CASPer to screen if you score below 25%tile or something like that. They just have too many qualified applicants and this is just an easy way to get rid of some

Members don't see this ad :)
Also, some schools (i.e WVU) have stated that they will use CASPer for pulling people off waitlist. Don't fret too much. Keep your head held high!

I read somewhere that CASPer throws out the best and worst score on questions - does anyone know if that's true? (I also took it today and am unsure of how I did).