CASPer Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ging7452

Just a guy trying to be a Dr
5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I dont know the answer but my guess is they just get a score. I can't imagine them being interested in your responses. I've read on many different forums that graders epect typos, ideas cutoff midway, frantic jargon, just because of the nature of the test.

I'm taking mine tomorrow and I'm a little nervous. I'm hoping itll be fine though.

I may be completely wrong about this but I cant imagine this being a make or break test at all. I feel like as long as the ideas you express are reasonable your score will meet whatever threshold schools may have for this test. Again, I wouldnt worry about spelling (I know I wont). My gameplan is to 1) make sure I answer the prompt. 2) even if it might be wrong, make sure that my answer is somewhat reasonable to the average person. 3) Make sure I justify my position with one or two points for each prompt. I don't think doiing this within a 5 minute window should be too difficult.

I know some schools like NYMC and Stony Brook continue to move you along the application process only stopping just shy of giving an acceptance until your CASPer is in, which speaks to a relatively low-stakes exam. Obviously still shooting to do well. But seeing as how I wont ever even be able to see what I scored I refuse to get too worked up about it lol.

Members don't see this ad :)
That's exactly right haha. By the way i didn't know it was the case that we could leave a question blank and not lose points. If you don't mind me asking, where did you learn this information? Because in that case the right play would definitely be to focus on the 2 you feel best about and just sound as normal and rational as possible.

Thank you so much! Although this isn't nearly the beast that the MCAT was the literature out there is somewhat limited so I definitely appreciate you sharing this article. Best of luck tomorrow. And here's to you scoring in the 90th+ percentile!!

Reactions: 1 user
Same to you! And, of course, good luck with your application cycle :)