Casper Timing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Premedstudent149

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all. I'm trying to decide which Casper date to choose that will allow me to be complete at all schools at the earliest time. From reading other posts, it seems that that you want Casper results to arrive around the time you submit secondaries. I was thinking of taking Casper early June, will this still let me submit my application to all schools at the earliest possible time?

Members don't see this ad.

You will be taking one Altus exam for all the schools, so having a result in June before or while you fill out secondaries would be fine. My rule of thumb is to make sure you are complete by July 4 (just a mental goal). The only exception is whether one needs the time for accommodations or verifying a fee waiver prior to taking the assessments.

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you for your response. Just to clarify, will all schools still send out secondaries to me even if they did not receive my Altus exam results yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you for your response. Just to clarify, will all schools still send out secondaries to me even if they did not receive my Altus exam results yet?
I can't speak for all schools, but there's no reason why they would wait for the Altus results as far as I can think of.

Reactions: 1 users
I don't know of any school that uses it to screen before sending secondaries. I did see someone post recently that this year's Duet test is not ready to take yet, so waiting until June will be good if you want to take both CASPer and Duet on one day.

Reactions: 1 users
Hello all, I decided on choosing the June 16th Casper date. Considering that it takes 2-3 weeks to grade the test, scores should be sent to schools on July 6th at the latest. Will I still be complete at the earliest timeframe considering I also have by secondaries submitted by this date?

Reactions: 1 user
Hello all, I decided on choosing the June 16th Casper date. Considering that it takes 2-3 weeks to grade the test, scores should be sent to schools on July 6th at the latest. Will I still be complete at the earliest timeframe considering I also have by secondaries submitted by this date?
I’m not sure your secondaries will all be completed by July 6. It depends on when the individual schools send you the secondary. Some you’ll receive quickly and others you might not. As long as you return them in a timely manner you’ll be fine. Schools don’t necessarily send secondaries out in the order they receive primary applications. But you seem to be on top of things and have things under control. Good luck.

Reactions: 2 users
I’m not sure your secondaries will all be completed by July 6. It depends on when the individual schools send you the secondary. Some you’ll receive quickly and others you might not. As long as you return them in a timely manner you’ll be fine. Schools don’t necessarily send secondaries out in the order they receive primary applications. But you seem to be on top of things and have things under control. Good luck.
Thank you for the response! Another option I was thinking of was rescheduling to the June 2nd date (where score would be posted ~June 22nd), if it makes a significant difference in the timeframe of being complete early. But it seems from your post that with the way secondaries are delivered, the later test date would not make a significant difference, correct?