Category 1 CME?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

sunlioness

Fierce. Proud. Strong
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What do you guys do for your Category 1 CME? A friend of mine in EM told me she listens to podcasts and this sounds a lot less painful to me than reading. Do yinz know of any good psychiatry CME podcasts? Or good CME recommendations in general? I want to get into a better habit with it.

Thanks!
 
What do you guys do for your Category 1 CME? A friend of mine in EM told me she listens to podcasts and this sounds a lot less painful to me than reading. Do yinz know of any good psychiatry CME podcasts? Or good CME recommendations in general? I want to get into a better habit with it.

Thanks!

It's good to get on top of--what with Maintenance of Certification ahead.

I use a combination of sub-specialty meetings, local Grand Rounds/Journal clubs, and reading/quizzes from the Carlat Report. I'm also going to do a PIPE this year, which will cover the whole "self-assessment" component of MOC.
 
Place I work at offers them as presentations. You get paid while you sit there and get your CMEs out of the way.

WebMD/Emedicine has CMEs.

Otherwise go to a convention, have a fun time, go to some nice dinners, tally up the expenses because they're tax-deductible.