Caution using DATbootcamp for the Canadian DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TrueChen

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

So I took my DAT yesterday and for the most part, the test went fine. The section that really took me by surprise was the reading comprehension. On the DATBootcamp website, it says there are no difference between the American and Canadian DAT. So I trusted it. I went into the DAT yesterday assuming I would have 60 minutes like the bootcamp practice tests but I was shocked to learn that I only had 50 minutes to complete the reading section. Because of this I guessed on the last 8 questions which really made me upset because I think I could have done better had I known.
default_sad.png

I suppose it was also an oversight on my part but it kind of sucks that DATBootcamp’s website has false statements on their website. I’m still hoping that my overall score comes back okay but I will most likely be writing the exam again. Is there anything I could do to salvage my reading scores from this DAT at this point?

Members don't see this ad.

Wow that sucks, the information on their site is wrong for sure but there is nothing you can do about it now. Don't stress until you get your results back.

Hey everyone,

So I took my DAT yesterday and for the most part, the test went fine. The section that really took me by surprise was the reading comprehension. On the DATBootcamp website, it says there are no difference between the American and Canadian DAT. So I trusted it. I went into the DAT yesterday assuming I would have 60 minutes like the bootcamp practice tests but I was shocked to learn that I only had 50 minutes to complete the reading section. Because of this I guessed on the last 8 questions which really made me upset because I think I could have done better had I known.
default_sad.png

I suppose it was also an oversight on my part but it kind of sucks that DATBootcamp’s website has false statements on their website. I’m still hoping that my overall score comes back okay but I will most likely be writing the exam again. Is there anything I could do to salvage my reading scores from this DAT at this point?

There are most certainly differences between the tests. I believe the canadian version is an easier version since it excludes the organic chemistry and math section... hard to believe that they said the tests were exactly the same. Update: just checked their website and they never said its the same, they said that canadians use it for their studying and do well, no where does it say the reading sections are the same but i feel you. Hopefully it didn't affect your scores much, maybe you did better than you think!