CBSE Study Materials

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dentality

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have read many posts and have a general idea on what materials to use. UFAPS including boards and beyond seems to be the general consensus. My questions is about the Q banks used, does anyone have experience with AMBOSS? I am debating if it is worth doing Uworld once and AMBOSS once, or just doing Uworld twice.

Do people have experience with multiple question banks? I have heard AMBOSS is significantly more difficult, even more so than step 1. Is it worth doing very difficult questions that may not be similar to CBSE questions?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I have read many posts and have a general idea on what materials to use. UFAPS including boards and beyond seems to be the general consensus. My questions is about the Q banks used, does anyone have experience with AMBOSS? I am debating if it is worth doing Uworld once and AMBOSS once, or just doing Uworld twice.

Do people have experience with multiple question banks? I have heard AMBOSS is significantly more difficult, even more so than step 1. Is it worth doing very difficult questions that may not be similar to CBSE questions?

Amboss is becoming a very popular Qbank to use for STEP1. Amboss is the hardest Qbank out there because they describe buzzwords rather than outright saying them, give weird presentations for some diseases, and ask about specific details. So to do well you really need to know your stuff. I think it’s a really good Qbank and will prepare you well for CBSE. However, I wouldn’t use this as your primary Qbank/the first bank you use because their explanations are on the shorter side (primarily explain why this question is right). Content in Amboss Qbank is essentially the same as Uworld. As CBSE tends to be on the “fact-ier” side, it’s a really good bank to use.

What makes Uworld great is the way they write questions AND their explanations. I would do Uworld first and really learn the explanations (write down and make your own notes from Uworld explanations), then do AMBOSS Qbank.

If you look how people do well on STEP1, it’s doing a LOT of questions. People do 2-3+ Qbanks. Imo this is the best way of learning so you should definitely spend a lot of time doing questions.

if you have the time (not sure if you are taking august), do USMLE RX Qbank while doing content review (USMLE rx questions ask about first aid content so it will reinforce first aid) -> then do uworld -> then do amboss. Go slow, learn the differential diagnosis and facts in the answer explanations. If you have any more questions feel free to message me.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
It’s true that many exceptionally high scores are doing multiple question banks. However, I’ve seen many people who haven’t even finished uworld and score in the 70s+. That’s not to say you shouldn’t get through uworld, but I wouldn’t rush from q bank to q bank. Give uworld the appropriate amount of time to do it thoroughly, including at least a second run through of your incorrect answers. The number of resources you use won’t matter as much as how in depth and thoroughly you use the resources you have. There are still cowboys out there who never touch anki, sketchy, pixorize, etc and still kill it using only first aid and uworld.

Reactions: 5 users
Anyone can help me to find a course that will help me with studying for CBSE. Im a general dentist has been practicing for the past two years and I find the material to study brand new for me. aside from Kaplan, anything else that can be condensed and more practical to use ?

thank you

Reactions: 1 user