CBT eye strain???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MadAznScientist

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hah... never mind.... you're right, just needed to get used to the new format. Back in the 11 range for verbal... woot!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I am usually okay with this but I had a horrible headache during the real deal and asked the proctor for meds but she was not allowed to give it to me. I think it was the mix of not sleeping well and waking up extremely early that caused it. Just pop something before taking next time and see if it helps

Actually, not so much the eyestrain. With enough practice, you should be able to plow through that feeling. However, research has shown that people read close to 30% slower on screen than they do on paper. That's why I tried doing most of my practice problems/timed portions all on the PC.

The ever widening use of computers led to a marked increase in the reported cases of eyestrain. Still, too few computer users can identify the early symptoms of eyestrain. They stare daily at a lighted monitor, never noticing that their eyes have come under strain.

Members don't see this ad :)
The ever widening use of computers led to a marked increase in the reported cases of eyestrain. Still, too few computer users can identify the early symptoms of eyestrain. They stare daily at a lighted monitor, never noticing that their eyes have come under strain.

That eyestrain website you linked to looks like a pretty shady place to be getting information on a medical issue. I'll never trust a site that tries to sell office chairs while giving medical information lol

1. Practice your eye endurance by playing Starcraft or first person shooter games like TeamFortress2

2. Get some sexy computer shades
gunnar-for-blog.jpg

Hah... never mind.... you're right, just needed to get used to the new format. Back in the 11 range for verbal... woot!

This is only peripherally related but I've noticed a significant worsening of my nearsightedness in the last 2.5 months I've been studying for the MCAT! I don't wear glasses but it's getting harder to read the baseball scores on TV now... not good.

This is only peripherally related but I've noticed a significant worsening of my nearsightedness in the last 2.5 months I've been studying for the MCAT! I don't wear glasses but it's getting harder to read the baseball scores on TV now... not good.

I wonder why that is... apparently conditioning plays a part. Maybe the eye's ciliary muscles were underused that whole time? Is this reversible? Ahh, I experience the same nightmare. My eyeglasses prescription (myopia) keeps getting stronger and stronger as I study more and more.

I wonder why that is... apparently conditioning plays a part. Maybe the eye's ciliary muscles were underused that whole time? Is this reversible? Ahh, I experience the same nightmare. My eyeglasses prescription (myopia) keeps getting stronger and stronger as I study more and more.

Yeah, that sounds about right. I looked it up on wikipedia, and it said that myopia probably gets better if you take a break from reading-intensive activities. Which is bad news for the people that spend summer studying for the MCAT and then return to school just a few days or weeks later.