CC Classes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

marinehrnt

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok, I know this question has probably been asked a million times but I did a search and couldn't find much. Just curious how DO school look at community college classes, I know most MD schools seem to look down on them. I plan on applying only to DO schools and my first two years of college were at a cc, I have a mix of all my science classes from the cc and the University I graduated from. Thanks for any help.

Members don't see this ad.

I took multiple classes at a CC and had no problems. Just make sure it is an accredited school.

Ok, I know this question has probably been asked a million times but I did a search and couldn't find much. Just curious how DO school look at community college classes, I know most MD schools seem to look down on them. I plan on applying only to DO schools and my first two years of college were at a cc, I have a mix of all my science classes from the cc and the University I graduated from. Thanks for any help.

The med school advisor I spoke with at University of Washington said that as long as your grades are good, and then when you transfer you continue to have good grades, that it doesn't matter. If you have good grades in CC and then transfer and blow it, then your CC obviously won't help you. That was how he explained it to me.

Members don't see this ad :)
The med school advisor I spoke with at University of Washington said that as long as your grades are good, and then when you transfer you continue to have good grades, that it doesn't matter. If you have good grades in CC and then transfer and blow it, then your CC obviously won't help you. That was how he explained it to me.

You are a doula? That is very cool!:D :thumbup: Good luck with everything!

You are a doula? That is very cool!:D :thumbup: Good luck with everything!

I am, I've been a doula for five years. :) Was going down the road for midwifery but.... this appeals to me more. Thanks for the kind words! I get a mixed reaction here... lol Good luck to you as well! :thumbup:

I am, I've been a doula for five years. :) Was going down the road for midwifery but.... this appeals to me more. Thanks for the kind words! I get a mixed reaction here... lol Good luck to you as well! :thumbup:

Mixed reaction? Hmmm....people can be funny about things sometimes, especially on SDN. I checked out your site. It is very cool! I thought about midwifery before. I have had a midwife for all four of my deliveries and she is absolutely wonderful. She functions as my regular GYN now as well. I love babies. I wouldn't want to do just OB/GYN, but I plan on doing FM and doing an OB fellowship. I think it would be incredible to help deliver babies. I love pregnant bellies too! I am one of those people who always wants to rub them. LOL!:biglove: :luck:

You'd love me then, all 12 weeks with my 3rd and already looking like 5 months! lol

I am considering FM just because think I'd have more freedom and less likelihood of being sued. There's a fantastic FP in Illinois whose blog I read, and I SO want to be her when I grow up. :love:

You'd love me then, all 12 weeks with my 3rd and already looking like 5 months! lol

I am considering FM just because think I'd have more freedom and less likelihood of being sued. There's a fantastic FP in Illinois whose blog I read, and I SO want to be her when I grow up. :love:

If I don't get into med school then I'll just go to Seattle Midwifery school instead.

If I don't get into med school then I'll just go to Seattle Midwifery school instead.

That's fabulous. CONGRAULATIONS!!!!:love: :hardy: Yea, with each pregnancy, your belly gets bigger faster. I had the same thing happen with my third and fourth, but it does even out. I wasn't huge at the end.

I hope to do my FM residency at the University of Tennessee and then go on and do their OB fellowship there. I like FM because you have a much wider range of what you do and see everyday. As much as I love babies, I think I would get bored with OB/GYN all the time. Yea, I think that FM/OB is definitely the way to go.:D :thumbup: