CC pre-reqs for UCLA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentim07

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Thank you to everyone who has been so helpful on this forum. I'm currently a sophomore at a CC who is looking at pre-reqs for dental schools, and the guidelines for UCLA is a little confusing. It is stated that "only 3 credits/4 quarters" is accepted, but I'm not too sure what that means. Is there anyone here who can clarify on this? Much thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,

Thank you to everyone who has been so helpful on this forum. I'm currently a sophomore at a CC who is looking at pre-reqs for dental schools, and the guidelines for UCLA is a little confusing. It is stated that "only 3 credits/4 quarters" is accepted, but I'm not too sure what that means. Is there anyone here who can clarify on this? Much thanks!
I’m pretty sure that’s for AP credit, not CC credit.

From the UCLA website:

"In order to be considered for the 4-year DDS program at the UCLA School of Dentistry, all applicants must have at least three years of coursework with the majority of applicants having four years of coursework. Likewise, applicants must have at least 90 semester units or 135 quarter units.

* Limitations on accredited community college course work -
(Only 70 semester or 105 quarter units will be accepted.)"

As for AP Credit, they will allow other upper division courses.
Hope this helps :)

Reactions: 1 user
From the UCLA website:

"In order to be considered for the 4-year DDS program at the UCLA School of Dentistry, all applicants must have at least three years of coursework with the majority of applicants having four years of coursework. Likewise, applicants must have at least 90 semester units or 135 quarter units.

* Limitations on accredited community college course work -
(Only 70 semester or 105 quarter units will be accepted.)"

As for AP Credit, they will allow other upper division courses.
Hope this helps :)
Thanks so much! That was definitely helpful and cleared things up