cc3 queries about programs fro residency

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ask1288

http://alturl.com/3bjy
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all, I'm a cc3 currently @ Univ of Rochester trying to figure out which programs to apply to that would suit me best. Would appreciate your advice/assistance/help... I have 233 on the step 1; High pass on the Neuro clerkship (passes on peds/ob/psych). I did International summer research (not neuro related), attended the AAN meeting as a second yr, have taken electives like Peds neuro, neurosurg, neuro consult, neuroradiology. Am a member of SIGN and student member of AAN. (I a nutshell I believe I have a fairly good application with the exception that I only have a high pass in Neuro so far) have not done medicine or surgery yet. I am not too keen on research.... I prefer the clinical route. I like warm weather, but can sacrifice and bite the cold if it's a better program. I have family in Fl, and PA (programs there would be good, but not at the expense of quality of education i.e. I rather go to a school with superior training even if its farther away from family. The programs I am considering at this point from talking to some people are University of Rochester, Buffalo, Mayo clinic in Jacksonville (anyone know much about this program), Hershey? (Was concerned that very little info on Frieda), (any advice on Fl and PA programs in general)

Ps I know this is a huge broad general question, but would appreciate any help

Many thanks

Members don't see this ad.