CCOM Class of 2009

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm rolling no computer during year 1, figure that I can go downtown chicago and buy a stolen one if I really need one. anyone want to golf before orientation starts?

llort said:
I'm rolling no computer during year 1, figure that I can go downtown chicago and buy a stolen one if I really need one. anyone want to golf before orientation starts?

I'm down for golf bro.

Members don't see this ad :)
llort said:

Golfing :thumbup:

I dont golf either, but let it be known that i am a local mini golf legend...... :cool:

Yep, got mine today too. Were we supposed to get our class schedule too or no?

I got my orientation packet too. :) Can't wait to meet everyone!

I also got mine yesterday. Where in the blazes did summer go?

I got mine too...Whats the word on meeting up before orientation and going to the Shed Aquarium and all that? Didnt Chachie volunteer to put that togather for us..or am I mistaken?

I got a packet too, did you see that invitation for a wine party? do you think it is an all you can drink type of thing? How about a meet up at a local bar on Monday or Tuesday night before orientation?

Members don't see this ad :)
Buckeye(OH) said:
No Chachie invited us to a wedding I think.

Sure I can set it up :) Yeah, my brother's getting married in September, but I think that already met max capacity with the 600 people they are inviting. Craziness! I'm up for the Shedd, which days are good for every one?
Summer did go by fast!

I have a wedding on the Saturday of Labor Day weekend. I think I'll only be gone that day though since it's only in Milwaukee. All other days work for me. I can't believe it's almost the end of summer!

llort said:
I got a packet too, did you see that invitation for a wine party? do you think it is an all you can drink type of thing? How about a meet up at a local bar on Monday or Tuesday night before orientation?

I love bars. Lets get sh*tfaced

Hey guys,

The national average for passing the COMLEX I boards was 90.9%. CCOM surpassed the national average with a 91.7% rate. Congrats to all my fellow classmates.

-Aaron R., MSIII

Areitman said:
Hey guys,

The national average for passing the COMLEX I boards was 90.9%. CCOM surpassed the national average with a 91.7% rate. Congrats to all my fellow classmates.

-Aaron R., MSIII

Aaron,
Thanks for the info, could you tell us some good bars near school or Downers Grove?

thanks

llort said:
Aaron,
Thanks for the info, could you tell us some good bars near school or Downers Grove?

thanks

HAHA..Basically what llort meant is that.."Thanks for that useless bit of information, but tell me something I could really use like where the nearest watering hole is so I can get **** faced!" In a nice way ofcourse...

WTF are we supposed to do on that tuesday before orientation starts? Wait, what time do the bars open?

Chachie, inviting people to a wedding with an open bar and then claiming that can't come is not a cool thing to do....FYI ;)

Buckeye(OH) said:
WTF are we supposed to do on that tuesday before orientation starts? Wait, what time do the bars open?

Chachie, inviting people to a wedding with an open bar and then claiming that can't come is not a cool thing to do....FYI ;)

Boys, we could pull a Vince Vaughn/Owen Wilson on Chachie's wedding

You're right, I'll talk to my brother this week to see if I can get a table for us, I'll see what I can do :)

I can't believe it's August 1st, orientation will be here before we know it!
Have a great start to the week everyone!

Buckeye(OH) said:

CCOMer's,
Hope all is well. I am done with work as of yesterday. Anywho, with all this free time I did a bar search on Downers Grove and I found; Founders Hill Brewing Company, Tivoli Bowling Lanes,Natural Sports Bar and Grill,Tooters Bar and Grill, etc. Maybe a good ol fashioned pub crawl is in order before class starts.

CCOM class of 2009? Sounds bout right! Congrats everyone!! I'm looking forwards to meeting all of you!

Pleasantries said and done, let's get down to business... I'm arriving late to this thread and I'm too lazy to backtrack through 29 pages so give me a recap...

1. where are ppl living? (I need to get a place and have no idea where to start..)
2. when are ppl getting in?
3. where's everyone from?
4. who am I drinking with before orientation?
5. and where?

Oh yeah, there is a hooters like 2 seconds from campus. I heard they have good wings.

dudes,

I was in the DG/Lombard area yesterday looking for apartments, and also looking for bars. Hooters is close to campus and also saw some place called Redstone brewery or something that at least has a nice big patio and also saw a couple of bowling alleys. I believe I will be moving to the area the weekend before orientation. living in either versace or york 2.

curry said:
CCOM class of 2009? Sounds bout right! Congrats everyone!! I'm looking forwards to meeting all of you!

Pleasantries said and done, let's get down to business... I'm arriving late to this thread and I'm too lazy to backtrack through 29 pages so give me a recap...

1. where are ppl living? (I need to get a place and have no idea where to start..)
5. and where?

1. Yorktown II
2. ~August 15th
3. Oconto (Ocompton) WI
4. The entire CCOM Community
5. Anywher that has ethanol in their drinks

Also, I was in Lombard/Downers Grove on the 3rd and their are many a establishments within stumbling distance of campus

curry said:

5. and where?

Hello..and welcome...
1. Redwood Hall 2
2. Aug 29th i believe is move in day
3. Currently at parents house in Rockford, IL
4. I shall be at the gathering, even though i quit drinking about 2 years ago
5. ?

Hi all,
Maybe August 28th, Sunday, we can meet up down town and go to the Shedd/museum campus/Navy Pier. If not, what other day is good for everyone else?

Have a great start to the weekend!

Chachie

Buckeye(OH) said:
False, I wont be there until the 29th.

In Cali right now my babies. It is so money out here. For anyone who has yet to see the Wedding Crashers it may be the best film of the 21st century. Also, why do people in LA clap after movies?

bbake87 said:
In Cali right now my babies. It is so money out here. For anyone who has yet to see the Wedding Crashers it may be the best film of the 21st century. Also, why do people in LA clap after movies?

Yes..Excellent movie...As for the clapping, some people do it here in the chicago area too, rarely, so it might not be just a Cali thing. The best is when some schmuck tries to initiate the clappig after a movie and no one follows along..HAHAH...LOSER...that makes me laugh....

wedding crashers was ridiculous.. definitely want to see it again..

... in completely unrelated thoughts, anyone gona be around this weekend? I'm coming up to find a place to live (yorktown II, international village, any other suggestions?), and I was thinking of going into the city Saturday night. If anyone's around let me know!

curry said:
wedding crashers was ridiculous.. definitely want to see it again..

... in completely unrelated thoughts, anyone gona be around this weekend? I'm coming up to find a place to live (yorktown II, international village, any other suggestions?), and I was thinking of going into the city Saturday night. If anyone's around let me know!

curry,
I went to the CCOM area a week ago to find a place to live and checked out 6 places, mention that you are a midwestern student and most offered some kind of discount. all were between 1-3 miles from campus. all between $710 and $1028 a month for a 1 bedroom. I ended up choosing Versailles.

I looked at: York 2, International village, Versailles, Covington, Westmore, and City View. Westmore was the cheapest, City View the most expensive. all six looked like pretty decent places to live.

gentlemen,

I am proposing a pre-orientation meet up on the evening of monday the 29th. Hooters or Redstone (has a sweet deck to drink beers on).

good lookin out llort! I'm definitely going to expand my hunt to include the places you mentioned.. wish me luck!!

also, i concur with llort's proposition for the 29th.. i concur indeed

llort said:
gentlemen,

I am proposing a pre-orientation meet up on the evening of monday the 29th. Hooters or Redstone (has a sweet deck to drink beers on).

Word, I will have just gotten in that day.

Perhaps we should start bustin out the cell numbers and whatnot.

What's happenin' everyone...

I guess I'm a little late to join the party, but I just thought I'd introduce myself to my classmates. I decided to attend CCOM just a little more than a month ago, but I'm excited to be starting up in a couple weeks w/ everyone! I'm 25 and from Minneapolis. Pretty sure I'm going to be living at City View in Lombard w/ a buddy of mine from undergrad (Wash U in St. Louis) who will also be a first year at CCOM...

Looking forward to having some fun during orientation w/ you guys....I'm down for some of the debauchery I was reading about in previous posts before we're swamped w/ class...

It is on like f*in Donkey Kong on the 29th

Hi guys, I have a financial aid question for you. I have already applied for and received the max stafford loans of $38500 but as an out of state state student it seems I need more money. So that means private loans, I was wondering if anyone else has done this, and what leander did you use. Did you just use the Midwestern University Signature Education Loan Program, or some other lender such as Key's medachiver (http://www.key.com/html/H-1.33.b7.html) or T.H.E.'s private medical loan (http://www.northstar.org/Med/default.aspx). I would really appreciate any help with this because I am really confused by the whole thing. Thank you.

samiuam said:
Hi guys, I have a financial aid question for you. I have already applied for and received the max stafford loans of $38500 but as an out of state state student it seems I need more money. So that means private loans, I was wondering if anyone else has done this, and what leander did you use. Did you just use the Midwestern University Signature Education Loan Program, or some other lender such as Key's medachiver (http://www.key.com/html/H-1.33.b7.html) or T.H.E.'s private medical loan (http://www.northstar.org/Med/default.aspx). I would really appreciate any help with this because I am really confused by the whole thing. Thank you.

Hey Samiuam,
I too am an out-a-stater and the whole process is quite confusing. I asked several soon to be MSII's and also visited the fin. aid office and the consensus was to go with the Midwestern Signature Loan. This is what I did. If you have any other questions feel free to P.M. me.
Billy

mwu signature loan is better than a private as fees are significantly lower, which can amount to a significant discount over the course of your loan. only potential drawback is that you need your include parents' info and sig in the application regardless of your age and other factors such as financial independence, etc. still, i think it's the most cost effective loan.
john - m3

First statement of account arrived on Saturday.

Uh, what did I get myself into?

I'll be in Lombard for good on the 23rd. If anyone needs help w/anything pm me.