You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
CCOM class of 2017
Started by FirefighterDoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Hey everybody! Looking forward to meeting everybody!
Welcome! Where in Chicago are you from?
Welcome! Where in Chicago are you from?
I live in the western burbs; about 20 minutes from campus. Where are you guys from?
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I live in Bolingbrook; about 20 minutes from campus. Where are you guys from?
Northwest burbs, 35min away.
Northwest burbs, 35min away.
That is great. It is a relief not having to have to move. Well, at least for the next 4 years.
I lived in the western burbs; about 20 minutes from campus. Where are you guys from?
Minneapolis!
Last edited:
Minneapolis!
20 minutes east of Detroit
If you guys ever want to meet up and have a meet/greet with future classmates, let me know! I can organize something!
If you guys ever want to meet up and have a meet/greet with future classmates, let me know! I can organize something!
Yeah we should plan something. I'm in!
20 minutes east of Detroit
Indianapolis.
Yeah we should plan something. I'm in!
I'm down - I live in Chicago but travel for work so I'm only there on weekends. Maybe we should coordinate through FB page, there seem to be more people on there.
I can't activate fb till I quit my job lol they don't know anything yet...
I can't activate fb till I quit my job lol they don't know anything yet...
Is everybody available Saturday, January 12 for a meet/greet in the area? Feel free to share this on the Facebook page. The more the merrier. Is everybody familiar with Trademark Tavern? Great food, great drinks. It's casual with an upscale feel. Happy hour is popular as it is right near campus and in one of Chicagolands financial districts.
Or should we hold off until the spring for more acceptances to be handed out?
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is everybody available Saturday, January 12 for a meet/greet in the area? Feel free to share this on the Facebook page. The more the merrier. Is everybody familiar with Trademark Tavern? Great food, great drinks. It's casual with an upscale feel. Happy hour is popular as it is right near campus and in one of Chicagolands financial districts.
Or should we hold off until the spring for more acceptances to be handed out?
Plan for spring that way maybe more of us will be able to attend that are out of state
I can't activate fb till I quit my job lol they don't know anything yet...
Haha, I'm in a similar situation. 😎
Haha, I'm in a similar situation. 😎
I wasn't goin to tell them till end if June lol it's hard when everyone keeps asking me ?s about where I see myself with this company lol
I wasn't goin to tell them till end if June lol it's hard when everyone keeps asking me ?s about where I see myself with this company lol
Yeah, I'm keeping a lid on it until early-May. I'm too poor to be out of a job for the next 6-7 months. lol.
I wasn't goin to tell them till end if June lol it's hard when everyone keeps asking me ?s about where I see myself with this company lol
I've already told my employer that I will be done working in the beginning of July.
I get paid Friday so I will be paying my deposit then! Can't wait to meet you all!
I get paid Friday so I will be paying my deposit then! Can't wait to meet you all!
Welcome to the class of 2017!
Should we get a countdown going lol
We might as well! Can't wait! I'm sure once August rolls around I will regret saying that lol.
We can do multiple get togethers. Since a lot of us are local, it should be easy. We can do one soon and one later for all the oos.
We can do multiple get togethers. Since a lot of us are local, it should be easy. We can do one soon and one later for all the oos.
I am up for multiple meet-ups. I work and live in Indy though, so weekends are better for me.
I am up for multiple meet-ups. I work and live in Indy though, so weekends are better for me.
Ditto. What part of Indy are you from?
I live on the Southeast side.
I live on the Southeast side.
I live about 5 minutes from Broad Ripple.
Hey guys! I just paid the $1000 yesterday. Can't wait to start classes and meet everyone!
I live about 5 minutes from Broad Ripple.
Oh cool, so does my cousin. He moved there not too long ago.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys! I just paid the $1000 yesterday. Can't wait to start classes and meet everyone!
Hi there!
Also, if you all decide on a date/place, please put it here. I don't have facebook at the moment and wouldn't be able to find out without it being posted here.
Welcome all new acceptances 🙂 congrats
Hi there!
Also, if you all decide on a date/place, please put it here. I don't have facebook at the moment and wouldn't be able to find out without it being posted here.
Lets do jan 12 at trademark tavern. 7pm. If you live in the area, just come to hang out. We can have one in the late spring too.
Lets do jan 12 at trademark tavern. 7pm. If you live in the area, just come to hang out. We can have one in the late spring too.
If only I was in the area...
How's everyone doing? Still pumped up and cannot wait to get back to Chicago over here lol
I can't wait to start! Life is boring now.
I am so excited about next year. I can't wait to move and truly begin my journey to becoming a doctor.
I am so excited about next year. I can't wait to move and truly begin my journey to becoming a doctor.
Ditto. This wait already sucks!
Rando question but when do you think the online portal changes from the applicant portal to whatever it is for a student? Just curious...and bored at work haha
Rando question but when do you think the online portal changes from the applicant portal to whatever it is for a student? Just curious...and bored at work haha
I've been checking the portal religiously. I would assume closer to the orientation or sometimes in Spring. I think at this point we only get Admissions, Financial Aid, Student Services and IT.
I've been checking the portal religiously. I would assume closer to the orientation or sometimes in Spring. I think at this point we only get Admissions, Financial Aid, Student Services and IT.
That's what I figured.
Last edited:
so after this deposit.. is there another deposit that we'll have to place at a later date? next year as well? im still waiting on other schools but made my deposit so i dont lose this spot for now
It doesn't look like it according to the CIB.
Lets do jan 12 at trademark tavern. 7pm. If you live in the area, just come to hang out. We can have one in the late spring too.
I'll make a post in the Facebook group. Where is this place at?
777 Butterfield Road Lombard, Illinois 60148
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was wondering if some current students could share their experiences on the CCOM test schedule? I know that they have a lot of tests very often, and that appears to work out really nicely to keep students on top of everything. I was just wondering if the weekly tests are very manageable because they more focused material than one giant test, or is it still really difficult because the minutia is tested also?
i am a third year currently and i can share my thoughts and experiences on this.
i personally think the more frequent testing was better for me personally. it forced me toe tay on top of all my material and did not let me get behind on anything. i have also had experience with a midterm and final situation and i found i would not keep up as well in that type of setup as i did in this.
yes it can get hectic when you have a bunch of tests in a week. but you know your test schedule at the beginning of the quarter and you know when those crazy times are coming and you allot your time accordingly.
the only class you ahem weekly test in is biochem and those are over about 3-4 lectures so that is an exception. generally every other class you have a test about every 3-4 weeks and they cover 12-15 lectures approximately.
as far as what they test, everything is in the lecture notes you buy. sometimes there is the "where did they pull that one from?" question that is on one page and was not stressed at all but generally i found the questions to be fairly fair.
hth some
Last edited:
Happy Holidays everyone!
Happy Holidays to you as well!
Happy Holidays everyone!
Merry Christmas man and to everyone else!!
Happy Holidays to you all!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 2
- Views
- 2K