CCOM Discussion Thread 2010-2011

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yeah I was just rejected pre-interview yesterday. 29Q/3.5/OOS...good luck to the rest of you!

When were you complete? I have the same stats and I got interviewed and accepted early. As long as you didn't apply last week I'm sure you will have a fee acceptances before it is all said and done.

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know what the mean board scores are for CCOM students? I need to decide between DMU and CCOM within the next week, so I'm trying to look at all the information available. I really liked how DMU provided the stats to us on interview day.

Has anyone else made a decision between these schools? What were the key determining factors for you? Below is my short list of pros for each. Please add more items to my lists!

CCOM: reputation/prestige; excellent clinical rotation schedule; diversity of student body; beauty of area/western suburbs

DMU: affordability (tuition and living expenses); new facilities; technologically advanced; surgical skills lab; simulation program; good residency matches in my home state (due to proximity, probably); more flexibility with classes and learning style

Thanks!!

Last edited:
When were you complete? I have the same stats and I got interviewed and accepted early. As long as you didn't apply last week I'm sure you will have a fee acceptances before it is all said and done.

I'm not sure EXACTLY when I was complete but I want to say either late August/Early September (no later than like Sept 2nd because that's when I turned my last secondary in).

Thanks for the encouragement, I've had interviews at a few places (Case/OSU/Wayne State/Wright State) but so far just an acceptance at MSUCOM (which I'm obviously happy about). I was hoping on an interview from CCOM but it obviously just wasn't meant to be....but good luck to you all!:luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
I think in terms of school education and reputation/history of excellence..they are quite similar
i am also deciding between DMU and CCOM, although i felt very good when visiting DMU, I feel like the town really isn't for me..since I grew up in a major metropolitan...san francisco! also, with DMU, you might need to relocate for ur rotation sites and i absolutely dislike that! whereas with CCOM, every rotation site is within reasonable distance that no major relocation is necessary. and since there are many major hospitals and medical schools in the chicago area, i feel like the network is stronger with more opporuntities to work with a diverse population.
lastly, both are great school and i am sure we will all be sucessful physician one day, so just choose the city that you can tolerate for at least 4 years!
for me...i think chicago is what will make me happy...:love:

Does anyone know what the mean board scores are for CCOM students? I need to decide between DMU and CCOM within the next week, so I'm trying to look at all the information available. I really liked how DMU provided the stats to us on interview day.

Has anyone else made a decision between these schools? What were the key determining factors for you? Below is my short list of pros for each. Please add more items to my lists!

CCOM: reputation/prestige; excellent clinical rotation schedule; diversity of student body; beauty of area/western suburbs

DMU: affordability (tuition and living expenses); new facilities; technologically advanced; surgical skills lab; simulation program; good residency matches in my home state (due to proximity, probably); more flexibility with classes and learning style

Thanks!!

Well, I am--or might be. Currently delayed (~2 hours) on the way in another state. Hoping that the airline I'm on has the gusto to land on a snowy tarmac. Otherwise it looks like I'll have to catch the next flight home and postpone :(

Well, I am--or might be. Currently delayed (~2 hours) on the way in another state. Hoping that the airline I'm on has the gusto to land on a snowy tarmac. Otherwise it looks like I'll have to catch the next flight home and postpone :(

Best of luck :thumbup:

i got lucky cause my flight to o hare got cancelled and somehow the guy at the desk helped me reschedule for a flight to midway and right now im chillin at the comfort inn in downers grove.

i got lucky cause my flight to o hare got cancelled and somehow the guy at the desk helped me reschedule for a flight to midway and right now im chillin at the comfort inn in downers grove.

Nice. Yeah, I didn't make it and had to cancel. Good luck today. Let us know how it goes.

Interviewd 12/6 - just checked the MWU portal and the accepted student checklist is up. Looks like the committee met yesterday.

Good luck to everyone.:)

Nice. Yeah, I didn't make it and had to cancel. Good luck today. Let us know how it goes.
I felt like the interview went well. The interviewers were really friendly and they were smiling most of the time haha. I like the school. They're actually building a new building for us and they're gonna move the OMM lab and the anatomy lab into the new building once its done. They should be finished with that before we start school... thats if they accept me haha

I felt like the interview went well. The interviewers were really friendly and they were smiling most of the time haha. I like the school. They're actually building a new building for us and they're gonna move the OMM lab and the anatomy lab into the new building once its done. They should be finished with that before we start school... thats if they accept me haha
Never mind my previous post.... I checked my online status and I was accepted!!! That was a quick decision considering they interviewed us this Monday. If you interviewed on the 13th go online and check your status.

Members don't see this ad :)
YAYY!!!!!!!!! Interviewed 11/30 OOS Accepted!!!!! I heart this school so bad :D

did you get in??

Yes. OOS. I've been applying to schools for awhile now and this school seems to be among the very best (for me). The support structure built by both students and faculty is unmatched and the rotational opportunities are just as impressive. I cannot wait.

Congrats to you, btw.

Yes. OOS. I've been applying to schools for awhile now and this school seems to be among the very best (for me). The support structure built by both students and faculty is unmatched and the rotational opportunities are just as impressive. I cannot wait.

Congrats to you, btw.
thanks, congrats to you too!! im OOS, NYC.

I interviewed on 12/7 and checked the portal today and was accepted! I am not sure if I will matriculate....I did not have the best feeling from the school and I am concerned about the high cost of living (and of the tuition). Anyone have comments to push me towards CCOM?

I interviewed on 12/7 and checked the portal today and was accepted! I am not sure if I will matriculate....I did not have the best feeling from the school and I am concerned about the high cost of living (and of the tuition). Anyone have comments to push me towards CCOM?

pretty much in-city rotational sites...no need to relocate, that deserves a little more tuitions on that part i guess...at least in my opinion.

ACCEPTED!!! crap... now I've gotta choose between here and KCUMB. THOUGHTS????

complete 11/18
interview invite 12/2

congrats!! if you dont mind, what are your stats like? I've been complete since end of Oct and still haven't heard back :( everytime i ask for a status update, i am told it's in review.

Just found out that I was accepted yesterday by checking the online portal! I'm so excited! I interviewed Dec 6th and the accepted check list online showed up sometime yesterday, Dec 16th.

I really liked CCOM and so far it's my only acceptance. However, I am very concerned about the cost of tuition and the cost of living. :( Any advice??

Interviewd 12/6 - just checked the MWU portal and the accepted student checklist is up. Looks like the committee met yesterday.

Good luck to everyone.:)
Congrats! I interviewed with you too. :) I wonder who else from our group got in. . . I really liked the people who interviewed us (I was in group 2).

Just found out that I was accepted yesterday by checking the online portal! I'm so excited! I interviewed Dec 6th and the accepted check list online showed up sometime yesterday, Dec 16th.

I really liked CCOM and so far it's my only acceptance. However, I am very concerned about the cost of tuition and the cost of living. :( Any advice??
Its funny but if you look at the sheet they gave us with all the pricing, according to them, its cheaper to live on campus than off campus lol. I don't think you should worry about the money because you will be making enough to pay it back without worrying about the debt killing your way of life you know.

Yeah the tuition is a bit pricey but CCOM seems like a great school and they are constantly trying to improve themselves. I realized this when they told us about the new building they were making to house the OMM lab and the anatomy lab. Awesome!!!

I have the email of an MS3 student from CCOM if you wanna ask him any questions that might help comfort you. He's married too so I'm sure he has his stuff together. PM me if you wanna email him. Good luck!

And I think it depends on your situation. I did some calculations and figured out a way that it would be cheaper to live a few miles from campus than their calculated on or off-campus budgets.

Not only is the new Anatomy lab opening in the fall, but they also said that their simulated patient lab is opening in January of 2012 which is pretty sweet! :):thumbup:

Its funny but if you look at the sheet they gave us with all the pricing, according to them, its cheaper to live on campus than off campus lol. I don't think you should worry about the money because you will be making enough to pay it back without worrying about the debt killing your way of life you know.

Yeah the tuition is a bit pricey but CCOM seems like a great school and they are constantly trying to improve themselves. I realized this when they told us about the new building they were making to house the OMM lab and the anatomy lab. Awesome!!!

I have the email of an MS3 student from CCOM if you wanna ask him any questions that might help comfort you. He's married too so I'm sure he has his stuff together. PM me if you wanna email him. Good luck!

Anyone else over here placed on the waitlist?? or know how likely it is to get off of the list for MW? :confused:

I did a search of the forum and it doesn't look like this was asked yet (sorry if it has been). I am going to drive to the interview and am wondering about parking. The email I got says parking is available in the deck by Littlejohn Hall - how much does this cost?

Hey...long time follower but first time posting.. i just got an interview invite..but its for next tuesday (1/11)... does anyone want to share a hotel or cab on 1/10... or have any advice about traveling to and from the school?=)...yay im so excited... all ive been hearing is silence from schools lately...

I did a search of the forum and it doesn't look like this was asked yet (sorry if it has been). I am going to drive to the interview and am wondering about parking. The email I got says parking is available in the deck by Littlejohn Hall - how much does this cost?

Nada. You'll pull up to a gate with a security guard. Just tell him you're a visitor and there for the interview. Then he'll tell you how to get to the garage. Good luck!

It's free. Just watch out for the construction.

congrats to the recent acceptances!!!

i am married so if you all have any questions about how to do this married on a budget etc i would be more than happy to answer them :)

So...I was just finishing up my secondary for CCOM and decided to check out this thread. I know I'm pretty late in the game, but can I get some thoughts on whether or not it's still worth it to submit my secondary? Thanks for any advice!

So...I was just finishing up my secondary for CCOM and decided to check out this thread. I know I'm pretty late in the game, but can I get some thoughts on whether or not it's still worth it to submit my secondary? Thanks for any advice!

Give it a shot if you have the cash. They don't start pulling from the waitlist until May or so.

For those who also interviewed at AZCOM, were there any major differences you noticed between the programs? Obviously the clinical rotations will be different, but outside of that are there significant differences between the two? From what they have on their websites it appears they're practically the same program.

Thanks!

For those who also interviewed at AZCOM, were there any major differences you noticed between the programs? Obviously the clinical rotations will be different, but outside of that are there significant differences between the two? From what they have on their websites it appears they're practically the same program.

Thanks!

I got into both. The rotations are where you will see the differences. If you have more questions please PM me or look up my old posts as I've written on this topic before.

congrats to the recent acceptances!!!

i am married so if you all have any questions about how to do this married on a budget etc i would be more than happy to answer them :)

Did you talk to the interview groups this week?

is CCOM always this slow, or am I an unlucky lad who had his application lost? Complete 9/10.

is CCOM always this slow, or am I an unlucky lad who had his application lost? Complete 9/10.

Well they are typically this "slow" however just know the same personel in charge of selecting you were also working on selecting a dental class too.

If you havn't heard a peep I would recommend you write them a letter expressing your interest as well as any new activities you have added to your experiences. Oh and why CCOM?

Good luck!:thumbup:

I feel your pain...and I've only been complete for a little over 6 weeks...its maddening :confused:

after giving up all hope, i was pleasantly surprised with an invite this morning. complete 9/15

Just got an invite this morning. Interviewing March 8th:xf: wow thats kind of late.