CCOM Discussion Thread 2010-2011

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Are there any guys looking for a roommate? i have a 2 bedroom apartment in downtown Downers Grove at Grove Towers. It's a short walk to the metra train station, bars, coffee shops, stores, etc and a 10 minute drive to school. Rent is $450/person with all utils expect elec and cable/internet. Heat and AC is also included. email directly at brycea(@)umich(.)edu if interested!

i'm a law student, not CCOM, but my gf a CCOM'r!

Members don't see this ad.

Are there any guys looking for a roommate? i have a 2 bedroom apartment in downtown Downers Grove at Grove Towers. It's a short walk to the metra train station, bars, coffee shops, stores, etc and a 10 minute drive to school. Rent is $450/person with all utils expect elec and cable/internet. Heat and AC is also included. email directly at brycea(@)umich(.)edu if interested!

i'm a law student, not CCOM, but my gf a CCOM'r!

We have been half-compromised! Quick, abandon ship! JK. Thanks for the info. I'll pass it along.

@FuturePharm21:
I wouldn't lose hope just yet. There is still some time. I suppose that also depends on how strong your application is, and how committed you are to CCOM. Did u sent in a letter of intent?

what's a letter of intent? I'm applying for fall 2012...so I haven't even submitted primary yet...doing it very soon...

Members don't see this ad :)
what's a letter of intent? I'm applying for fall 2012...so I haven't even submitted primary yet...doing it very soon...

Now I'm very confused...

A letter is intent is a personal letter than an applicant can write to his/her top choice of medical school to let them know that they really want to attend that school. This is usually written by applicants who are placed on the waiting list.

I just withdrew from CCOM to go to a state school. I hope one of you get my spot.

I've lost hope for CCOM and it's June 1st...because I just read that it's the most applied to DO school with more than 5,000 applications and extremely selective....more than Western
Where did you read that it was more selective than Western?

Hello Everyone! I was just accepted to CCOM this morning off the waitlist..interviewed 3/8 OOS...just thought I would let everyone know who is wondering about movement. I have other acceptances and was planning on attending another school, but now this acceptance makes me very unsure of what I plan on doing! AHH I will decide by tomorrow but just wanted to let everyone know. If I decide not to go at least you all can have hope there may be at least one more spot!

Thanks for the update! Do they update the portal as well when you are accepted off the wait list?

Hello Everyone! I was just accepted to CCOM this morning off the waitlist..interviewed 3/8 OOS...just thought I would let everyone know who is wondering about movement. I have other acceptances and was planning on attending another school, but now this acceptance makes me very unsure of what I plan on doing! AHH I will decide by tomorrow but just wanted to let everyone know. If I decide not to go at least you all can have hope there may be at least one more spot!

congratulation!!! I was wondering how much time does the admission office give to make a final decision, and how did they contact you to let you know?
May I also ask what other schools?
Thanks

I just withdrew this morning (6/7) at CCOM to go to my state school. Good Luck to all those on the Waitlist. I was very impressed with CCOM during my time there.

Hi! I did decline my seat at CCOM yesterday morning...not sure how long it would take them to call someone else but just an FYI..also for those wondering I did get a phone call and an email immediately afterward (I was at work and actually got the email before the voicemail). They gave me aboaut 4-5 days to give my seat deposit and accept. Good luck to those waiting!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to all those who have gotten off the list! has anyone else gotten off the alternate list recently? I called admissions and they do not provide any useful information regarding the waitlist..

Congrats to all those who have gotten off the list! has anyone else gotten off the alternate list recently? I called admissions and they do not provide any useful information regarding the waitlist..

yep, they don't. Some people say that it's good to call but they don't even ask who's calling... is that really advantageous then or rather pointless?
I know few people on the waitlist - none of them heard anything

I am withdrawing my acceptance from Midwestern--hope someone good gets my spot!

Got in off the waitlist here as well; They only gave two days essentially to pay the deposit. Beware of that, and read the matriculation agreement carefully when that time comes if you have other spots.

Got Accepted on June 15th :). Good luck to all of you on the waitlist!

was accepted last week as well. Moving to oak park/forest park area!

what does it take to get off of the wait list?!?!?! I have sent multiple LOIs, an LOR, and updated resume. I really wish Admissions would tell me where I screwed up

what does it take to get off of the wait list?!?!?! I have sent multiple LOIs, an LOR, and updated resume. I really wish Admissions would tell me where I screwed up

I feel ya!! I'm in the same boat :/ I've already sent in applications for next year just in case.

I feel ya!! I'm in the same boat :/ I've already sent in applications for next year just in case.

Depends on how competitive your GPA and MCAT is. LOIs don't mean much unless you scores and interview put you on the fence. If your GPA is around 3.6 and MCAT around 28, I would say you are on the fence, unless you botched the interview...

Good luck to you guys. Waiting is painful.

omg u need a 28 MCAT to be on the fence?? I thought 28 was their average so 26 would be risky?

There should be some wait list movement next week. I will be dropping my spot.

Anyone move off the wait list this past week?

if you look at last year, you can see it seems to come in spurts. they will take about 3-5 off teh waitlist at a time and i think the number has to drop below a certain number before they take more off.
of course the closer we get to orientation, the more lilkely they are to fill individual spots rather than group calls.

gl to those stillw aiting :luck:

I'm so worried :( I don't know where I messed up.

after classes start, you can call and ask to speak to an admission rep who will go over your app with you.

it may be a timing thing....did you interview late???

there are an inordinate number of applications for each seat....good people get left out. reapply and try to better your application. they do look very favorably on reapps

I gave up my spot : (
Got pulled off another wait list and will be going there instead. Not an easy decision.

Hope it goes to someone as excited to go here as I was!:luck:

thank you for letting us know about the open seat..it gives me some hope that the list will have some more movement. hopefully it's in my favor :)

after classes start, you can call and ask to speak to an admission rep who will go over your app with you.

it may be a timing thing....did you interview late???

there are an inordinate number of applications for each seat....good people get left out. reapply and try to better your application. they do look very favorably on reapps

Actually I applied early. I had everything in the day the application opened and had everything verified by the first week of August. It makes no sense to me how my interview was so late when I applied so early. I really thought I would not have to re-apply this year.

I have tried sooo hard to do extra things to better my app specifically for CCOM...shadowed doctors who graduated from CCOM, they called to recommend on my behalf and I had about 4 DO LORs, not counting the other LORs I sent in. I have a lot of shadowing experience in clinics, hospitals, and surgery centers as well as a LOT of volunteering and club associations. All of the LORs were letters from physicians who knew me well. I also went to the mini-med school program at CCOM for a year, lol mentioning that hasn't really helped??? And I've sent them countless emails and phone calls...but to no avail :( I have no clue what else to do...

Last edited:
Actually I applied early. I had everything in the day the application opened and had everything verified by the first week of August. My MCAT/GPA is 30Q/3.8 and I interviewed at the end of January. It makes no sense to me how my interview was so late when I applied so early. I really thought I would not have to re-apply this year. I withdrew acceptance from KCUMB, am also waitlisted in the first quartile at DMUCOM.... and started at MSUCOM this summer because they have a summer semester that started June 27. MSU really is a great school but I already paid triple the amount the in-staters paid for the summer....afraid to see what that ends up looking like in the long-run....I really really honestly want to go to CCOM for so many reasons and if they call me I'm ready to go home

I have tried sooo hard to do extra things to better my app specifically for CCOM...shadowed doctors who graduated from CCOM, they called to recommend on my behalf and I had about 4 DO LORs, not counting the other LORs I sent in. I have a lot of shadowing experience in clinics, hospitals, and surgery centers as well as a LOT of volunteering and club associations. All of the LORs were letters from physicians who knew me well. I also went to the mini-med school program at CCOM for a year, lol mentioning that hasn't really helped??? And I've sent them countless emails and phone calls...but to no avail :( I have no clue what else to do...

WOW, your application is truly impressive...I am on the waitlist as well, but b/w you and me, the seat definitely is yours. At least you have other options, CCOM is the only hope for me this year. Anyways, good luck!

PS. what is the mini-med school @ CCOM?

Got off the waitlist this morning :D WOOHOO! I'm going to CCOM!!

GOOD LUCK to everyone else still waiting! I'm crossing my fingers for you!! :xf:

WOW, your application is truly impressive...I am on the waitlist as well, but b/w you and me, the seat definitely is yours. At least you have other options, CCOM is the only hope for me this year. Anyways, good luck!

PS. what is the mini-med school @ CCOM?

@Aliskutka: I found out abt the mini med-school program from my undergrad AMSA...it's during the fall and spring semesters every year I believe. You go to CCOM and attend lectures given by professors or even professionals on a variety of topics and you meet the CCOM students, they do presentations and gave advice. They took attendance and it cost $25.00 a semester.

Thanks, but doesn't seem so impressive right now =/ at least to the adcom...honestly I have tried sooo hard for CCOM and it depresses me that I've been on the wait list for about 5 months...still hoping CCOM contacts me soon. Good luck to you too Aliskutka, I'm sure you have a great app as well!

Last edited:
@Aliskutka: I found out abt the mini med-school program from my undergrad AMSA...it's during the fall and spring semesters every year I believe. You go to CCOM and attend lectures given by professors or even professionals on a variety of topics and you meet the CCOM students, they do presentations and gave advice. They took attendance and it cost $25.00 a semester.

Thanks, but doesn't seem so impressive right now =/ at least to the adcom...
I just got home from studying for anatomy lab practical for my first test at MSUCOM and I opened my email...accepted at DMUCOM!!! According to them I have to pay by the 12th to secure my seat, and that's the day of my first test at MSU...cost of attendance is relatively less at DMU vs MSU and it's closer to home. I think I'm gonna pay them and then wait out on CCOM.

Hmm...I will probably still have to study for that test in case I'm still here on the 12th....I wish it was CCOM...honestly I have tried sooo hard for CCOM and it depresses me that I've been on the wait list for about 5 months...still hoping CCOM contacts me soon. Good luck to you too Aliskutka, I'm sure you have a great app as well!

Thank you, I hope it works well for both of us. Congratulation on DMUCOM acceptance. The mini-med school thing sounds like a good idea to do, I need to look into that. take care and do not lose hope!

Got off the waitlist this morning :D WOOHOO! I'm going to CCOM!!

GOOD LUCK to everyone else still waiting! I'm crossing my fingers for you!! :xf:

Hope it was my seat! Git up in the facebook group and go to the picnic thing! Have fun without me : (

did anyone here get into CCOM with a 24-25 MCAT and a 3.76 GPA? I desperately need to know if I have any chances whatsoever with these stats. I am just so frustrated with the MCAT

Does anyone know the Dean of Admissions email address?

I guess, it's time to put my phone away.... fairytale gone bad:cool:

I know that I can send my LOR's through interfolio but what exact address do I send them to? and how strict are they about official letterhead i don't want to have to make one of my letter writers figure out how to do that cause I am guessing her letter doesn't have that?

I know that I can send my LOR's through interfolio but what exact address do I send them to? and how strict are they about official letterhead i don't want to have to make one of my letter writers figure out how to do that cause I am guessing her letter doesn't have that?

looks like you are in the wrong discussion thread. if you go to the schools website you should be able to find it.

Movement is still occurring, so don't give up hope yet. I just graduated from the MS in Biomedical Sciences program this May, and was placed on the waiting list. Luckily, today I got the phone call and will be attending CCOM this fall! :)

Movement is still occurring, so don't give up hope yet. I just graduated from the MS in Biomedical Sciences program this May, and was placed on the waiting list. Luckily, today I got the phone call and will be attending CCOM this fall! :)

congratulations! I'm really happy for you and hope I get the call soon as well. I have no idea what else I can do to get off the list. Driving me crazy.

:love::love::love:
congrats again little!!!!
so so happy for you!!!!!!

I'm happy for you as well, but I wish they had one more spot for me...

Ughh...I'm annoyed. I don't get what's going on...Wish I had an invisibility cloak so I could go see what's up with my file. I feel like it's lying in some dusty dark corner.

I guess, it's time to put my phone away.... fairytale gone bad:cool:

Maybe you can get my spot I just dropped my spot. Never give up. It not over until classes start and that is still a few weeks away.

Maybe you can get my spot I just dropped my spot. Never give up. It not over until classes start and that is still a few weeks away.

Thank you for your words of encouragement! It is nice to hear something positive. In this case, I will still keep my phone close to me.
Best of luck for you!

Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone knew where I could find Midwestern's tuition for previous years. The school has gradually risen its tuition over the years and I was curious to know what the tuition used to be. I can't believe that the tuition rose from about 44k back in 2008 to its current tuition of 51k. The amount is really high and I was hoping I could see what the amount used to be back in the 90s and 80s.