CCOM Discussion Thread 2011-2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
what's the average turn around between application complete and interview invite or rejection here?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you very much for sharing your experience and advice! I have already submitted my application for 2012 acceptance. But should I miss this year's acceptance, I will definately retake the MCAT in the spring and apply even earlier than I have this year. Thanks again!

Can't hurt. Plus, in the off chance that you get rejected, give them a call and ask why, then you can focus on that for next year's app.

what's the average turn around between application complete and interview invite or rejection here?
Submitted Aug 18th
Complete e-mail Aug 24
Interview invite Aug 30
Online, the earliest I could get the interview was Oct, but I called and rescheduled for late Sept.
Accepted 2 weeks post interview.

But that's just me, not sure how representative it is overall.

I am still waiting on being verified for the primary aacomas app.. do i still have a chance here if i submit my secondary in late oct/early nov?

stats-
28N (11BS, 8VR, 9PS)
cGPA- 3.87 & sGPA- 3.92

thanks.

Looks decent- obviously your ECs, etc play a huge role here as well. Worst case scenario: you get rejected, give them a call to ask why, and know what you need to work on for next year's app.

Keep in mind that some schools fill most of their seats earlier in the cycle, and CCOM is a true rolling admissions class, so your best bet is to apply asap. An acceptance is always a possibility, but keep in mind, as you progress further through the cycle, more and more spots are filled, and even though you are a great applicant every month of the year, by February, they are looking for those GREAT people with fabulous stats that-lets face it-we all hate :)

Some of my info:

Submitted Primary: 6/12
Submitted Secondary: 7/23
Invited for interview: 8/16
Interview: 9/16
Accepted: 9/30

Keep in mind that some schools fill most of their seats earlier in the cycle, and CCOM is a true rolling admissions class, so your best bet is to apply asap. An acceptance is always a possibility, but keep in mind, as you progress further through the cycle, more and more spots are filled, and even though you are a great applicant every month of the year, by February, they are looking for those GREAT people with fabulous stats that-lets face it-we all hate :)

Some of my info:

Submitted Primary: 6/12
Submitted Secondary: 7/23
Invited for interview: 8/16
Interview: 9/16
Accepted: 9/30

what were ur stats if u dont mind sharing?

The pen midwestern gave me just died. Horrible pen, horrible school, I've made my decision not to go.

JUST KIDDING!!!

Question for anyone who has time:

I see from CCOM's website that they request two LORs, with one being from a science prof if there's no committee letter.

I have a letter from a science prof and a letter from a DO but I really feel like the best and most helpful letter is one from one of my law school professors. I've known him for three years, I took four courses with him, etc. Is there any way that I can send 3 letters or will they automatically junk the law school letter because it's not a DO letter or science letter?

Thanks.

what were ur stats if u dont mind sharing?

30P MCAT (11 BS, 10 VR, 9PS)
3.73 undergrad GPA
3.88 current Masters
2 years leadership experience in residence halls as RA and SR (very intensive)
multiple volunteering at veterans home, 2 hospitals, katrina relief
50 hours shadowing
masters thesis research (over 200 so far)

The pen midwestern gave me just died. Horrible pen, horrible school, I've made my decision not to go.

JUST KIDDING!!!

DMU's pen was by far the nicest I got....plus, they give you a nice folder, but Midwestern gives out rubber brains and hearts..... :)

Members don't see this ad :)
hey, mommy2three, where do most students live? I would like to be around alot of students, but I refuse to live in the dorms.....do most students live in apartments nearby or do they commute from Chicago? How long do they spend on the road? (I know you said you have 2 places :)

hey, mommy2three, where do most students live? I would like to be around alot of students, but I refuse to live in the dorms.....do most students live in apartments nearby or do they commute from Chicago? How long do they spend on the road? (I know you said you have 2 places :)

Take a look at the Class of 2015 thread - Daisydukers did a nice spread sheet of the larger apartment complexes and also posted about some apartments in Downers Grove.
Some students live in the dorms, some in apartments/houses nearby and others live around Oak Park or Downtown. I think many like to live downtown during their third and fourth years.

The Metra train nearest to campus would be from Downers Grove if you want to head into the city on the weekend and don't want to drive.

rejected canadian

god chicago hates me!!

thats the 4th school!!

rejected canadian

god chicago hates me!!

thats the 4th school!!

Check out the DO for Canadian forum and compare your stats with some of us that have been accepted this year or previous years. Maybe that can help you find any weak spots.

i think most students live in the grove, yorktown and brook hill for off campus.

Question for anyone who has time:

I see from CCOM's website that they request two LORs, with one being from a science prof if there's no committee letter.

I have a letter from a science prof and a letter from a DO but I really feel like the best and most helpful letter is one from one of my law school professors. I've known him for three years, I took four courses with him, etc. Is there any way that I can send 3 letters or will they automatically junk the law school letter because it's not a DO letter or science letter?

Thanks.

If you don't send it in, bring it to the interview (sealed envelope, signed across the seal by the prof). I think that's the round-a-bout way of getting a letter in, but don't take my word for it. But *call them,* they are very friendly and will help you :)

rejected canadian

god chicago hates me!!

thats the 4th school!!

I was rejected for two years. Third time ended up being a charm. If this is truly what you'd like to do, don't loose hope! Call them, find out why they didn't like you, fix it, and reapply!

has anyone received any actual emails or letters of acceptances? I know I've been accepted through the portal, but I have yet to get a letter or email, and it is a month later....

has anyone received any actual emails or letters of acceptances? I know I've been accepted through the portal, but I have yet to get a letter or email, and it is a month later....

Interesting... I received mine in the mail. I interviewed 9/19 I believe. Maybe give them a call?

Yeah I got my letter about one week after I was accepted. It was dated Sept 30

For those who have been accepted, when they say your portal changes, what exactly does it change?

For those who have been accepted, when they say your portal changes, what exactly does it change?

Something about Accepted Student Checklist. It asks for deposit. Also makes the matriculation agreement available.

i was wondering if i had a semi-decent chance or no chance at all for getting an interview/potential acceptance to CCOM. I already submitted my secondary but havent heard anything as yet (its been about 2 weeks) how long does the process take from them receiving your supplementary materials?

i lived in the midwest, and i think i have okay extra curriculars, but im worried about my gpa and mcat score

cumm GPA: 3.6
sGPA: 3.37
MCAT: 26P (7V 10B 9P)

i volunteer at an osteopathic hospital.. currently im working on my masters and also working in a lab. i also have a primary authorship publication that was published in 2010

i would really appreciate any advice from anyone about this.. and also am i late in the application process? ive met people that have already had their interviews and people that are just getting their primary verified

i was wondering if i had a semi-decent chance or no chance at all for getting an interview/potential acceptance to CCOM. I already submitted my secondary but havent heard anything as yet (its been about 2 weeks) how long does the process take from them receiving your supplementary materials?

i lived in the midwest, and i think i have okay extra curriculars, but im worried about my gpa and mcat score

cumm GPA: 3.6
sGPA: 3.37
MCAT: 26P (7V 10B 9P)

i volunteer at an osteopathic hospital.. currently im working on my masters and also working in a lab. i also have a primary authorship publication that was published in 2010

i would really appreciate any advice from anyone about this.. and also am i late in the application process? ive met people that have already had their interviews and people that are just getting their primary verified

Average MCAT score for students entering CCOM in 2010 was 28 and the avg. cGPA was 3.56. This will give you an idea where you stand in terms of numbers, although I'm sure people with lower stats get accepted every year. No one can tell you what your chances are for a particular school but you might want to call the admissions office and talk to an advisor.

For all the schools I applied and received interview invites, they usually got back to me within 2 weeks after submitting their secondary but this was back in mid-July.

Application season is defintely in full swing, people already received their acceptance, so again, your best bet is to call them and ask. Good luck.

I interviewed 10/23. Found up about acceptance online, and then like two weeks later got a letter (not sure the dates on these).

Something about Accepted Student Checklist. It asks for deposit. Also makes the matriculation agreement available.
Yup, that's pretty much it.

I interviewed 10/23. Found up about acceptance online, and then like two weeks later got a letter (not sure the dates on these).

Do you remember how long after you interviewed that you found out you were accepted (through the online portal)? I'm interviewing next week on the 25th and thought maybe my timing on finding out their decision might be similar to yours?

Do you remember how long after you interviewed that you found out you were accepted (through the online portal)? I'm interviewing next week on the 25th and thought maybe my timing on finding out their decision might be similar to yours?[/QUOTE]

What I've heard from other ppl on here is the adcom meets the last Thursday of the month.. which would be the 27th for October. So potentially you could find out around then.. best option is to ask when you interview.
At AZCOM they changed the portal the same day the adcom met for ppl accepted, so maybe CCOM does the same. :xf:

I got the official letter....I think it took longer because I moved and my mail had to be forwarded. Yay!

Guys..im freaking out...i havent heard a peep out of CCOM....nothing at all...my application status has been complete since AUG 18th...its OCTOBERRRR!!!!

Shoot...I was complete last week. Looks like I may have some time to wait!

i got interviewed at 2 schools and got accepted at 1 so far, but CCOM is definitely one of the schools on the top of my list!

3.75 GPA, 3.5 sGPA and 27 Q MCAT (8 PS, 9 VR, 10 BS)

what's taking them so long? i was complete july 29..

Do you remember how long after you interviewed that you found out you were accepted (through the online portal)? I'm interviewing next week on the 25th and thought maybe my timing on finding out their decision might be similar to yours?

What I've heard from other ppl on here is the adcom meets the last Thursday of the month.. which would be the 27th for October. So potentially you could find out around then.. best option is to ask when you interview.
At AZCOM they changed the portal the same day the adcom met for ppl accepted, so maybe CCOM does the same. :xf:

This is how it worked for my group: Interviewed Tuesday, the adcom met on Thursday (the last Thursday of the month), and I found out via portal change on Friday morning. :)

This is how it worked for my group: Interviewed Tuesday, the adcom met on Thursday (the last Thursday of the month), and I found out via portal change on Friday morning. :)

Dotpats, was this for AZCOM or CCOM?

i got interviewed at 2 schools and got accepted at 1 so far, but CCOM is definitely one of the schools on the top of my list!

3.75 GPA, 3.5 sGPA and 27 Q MCAT (8 PS, 9 VR, 10 BS)

what's taking them so long? i was complete july 29..
Hey gboy, I dont know your EC's but my stats are identical to yours. If you dont mind me asking, where did you get accepted?

I'm not sure if I should be amused or worried that CCOM keeps sending me reminders to send in supporting documents...

I'm not sure if I should be amused or worried that CCOM keeps sending me reminders to send in supporting documents...

it might be worth a quick call to the admission office. it could be they have them and do not realize they have them or they could not have filed them yet. if you know they should be there, give them a quick call and inquire.

gl

i have read on here that the admissions committee meets that last thursday of the month and the portals are updated by friday morning. is that correct?

i have read on here that the admissions committee meets that last thursday of the month and the portals are updated by friday morning. is that correct?

I interviewed on 9/27 and three days later on 9/30( last Friday of the month) my portal was updated and accepted student checklist was added...:)

Great, thanks for the info. Hoping to hear something good on Friday. Have you decided yet or still interviewing?

Great, thanks for the info. Hoping to hear something good on Friday. Have you decided yet or still interviewing?

Good luck..I hope you hear good news on Friday:luck::luck: I am still waiting to hear from my state school..Midwestern is definitely one of my top choices though:):)