CCOM questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

box29

Keep on keepin' on Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering since I have an interview, how long before they let you know the results of the interview...Is it snail mail, email, or a telephone call.

I got some stats from an admissions counselor there who said that out of about 2500 applications, they interview about 450. From that 450, 320 acceptances or offers are given to give a class size of 165. So, in essence, they give out about 2 offers for 1 spot?

Do they rank the waitlist?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,

CCOM notifies you by snail-mail (it's a big envelope), but they do call some people to notify them of an acceptance in addition to sending out a letter. They let you know about 3-4 weeks after your interview.

I am not sure how the waitlist works, so I can't answer that question. However, I heard that about 100 people are placed on it, and a good number end up being accepted. But the number of people that come off the list probably varies each year.

Good luck on your interview!

Hi there box29...i have three friends that have been accepted and all three found out a different way. One of them recieved an email following her interview...the other one recieved a phone call...and the third only a letter by snail mail...sounds to me they do as they please!!! Anyway get excited...our interview is only a week and half away!!! cya then

Members don't see this ad :)
HoosierDO and box29,
good luck on your interviews, mine is the friday after yours. :) I'm super excited also.
jenny

Hey guys.....

Once again, good luck on your interviews. I'm sure you'll enjoy the campus.

As far as notifications, I remember them saying that the ad com meets periodically. So it depends on how soon they meet after your interview. I think I interviewed on Dec. 13, and the committee had met the day before. They said that the committee would meet again after the new year and that we wouldn't hear until the end of Jan or begining of Feb.

I believe I heard the3rd week of Jan that I had gotten in. I first received an email, and then got the snail mail the next week.

Have a great time in Chicago!

In reference to the waitlist question: Last year a friend of mine interviewed in April (the last day of interviews). She was subsequently put on the 'provisional' waitlist. The 'provisonal' waitlist is reserved for applicants who would have been outright accepted if they would have applied earlier in the process. There is also a general waitlist. Good luck to you. . . And hopefully I will meet some of you in the fall. ( I was accpeted in Nov)

I recieved my notification via e-mail and rather quick I might add. I interviewed the 6th of february and had my acceptance by the 11th. :clap:

I too interviewed on Feb 6th and found out about 5 days letter. They sent an email first and then I got a letter in the mail a few days later. The subject of the email was "CCOM Acceptance". Good luck to you!

We interviewed the same day!!! :clap: