CCOM vs MSUCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cheezpuf

Reaction score
hey everyone, just wanted to think out loud here and ask people's opinions

CCOM
- Pros: great location (Downers grove) and then chicago city (my dream location to be in..im a city girl and chicago is my ultimate goal for moving); Very reputable among DO schools, cushy school
- Cons: $$$$$$, grading system

MSUCOM
- Pros: much cheaper, P/F format
- Cons: maybe not as prestigious as CCOM (? not sure), location is not nearly as exciting (although rotations in detroit would be fun)

Other fators:

Both schools have great clinical opportunities and good connections to their base hospitals, it seems.
My interest in research is kind of minimal -- just for residency purposes

Currently, I'm undecided on what specialties I would like to go for but ultimately would rather be able to choose than be limited by potential poor stats (for ex: would choosing CCOM ultimately make it hard for me to have a good GPA and place into a good residency or does that not really matter since many schools are P/F)

I know tuition is a HUGE factor but I would also like to consider other factors & make an informed decision

thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
MSUCOM matches extremely well. They have some of the most NIH funding for a DO school. They also have home residency programs in the most competitive specialties and they are backed by a large academic institution. There are also many campuses that you could start off at. I would argue MSUCOM is the best DO school to attend because I see so many DOs coming out of this school in some of the more competitive subspecialties in medicine. Also, P/F format. I think it would be a no brainer to attend COM.

Reactions: 1 user