CCS: does the order matter?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Shazam243

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm half way through the Uworld CCS interactive cases and just realized that there's a "clock management" section in the explanations that basically tells you the order of everything you're supposed to do. For most of the cases, I know which tests to order and have been getting the diagnosis and treatment pretty easily. But I just type in all the orders I want and just click the "alert me for next test result" option. Admit/treat as needed.

For the office visits, I've never sent them home and then have them come back and then send them home, etc. (I think the program sometimes automatically does this?). I just order everything when they present and then click through the results, and I'll admit if needed or give them treatment if needed.

Is this going to take points off my score (or a lot of points)?

Also, I've ordered stat priority for everything, and I noticed that Uworld tells you that some should be ordered as routine. Any one know how much this matters?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Also, for things that require you to treat before work up (antibiotics before CTH/LP, steroids for GCA), it always normalizes my work up. For example, if I put in prednisone in the order box with ESR and CRP, the ESR and CRP will be normal even if I type it lower in the list of orders. If I just order ESR and CRP, and then wait for the results before starting prednisone, isn't that going to take off points?

Short answer to your question.
1. For critical diagnostic and therapeutic steps, Yes.
2. For non-critical (like counselling etc) May or may not.