Cell Biology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Homo sapien

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have the chance to take both cell biology and human physiology this summer (with financial aid) then take MCAT in late August. What I would like to know is it beneficial for me to take cell biology (I planned on doing just physiology in June) because cell biology will help with the MCAT?

Members don't see this ad.

No. I do not have to take that for my BS Biology degree and it isn't required for the cell biology either

Members don't see this ad :)
If I was you I would take biochemistry instead because I've been studying for the MCAT and there is a good amount of biochermistry that you should know. Idk just my 2 cents. And biochemistry is one of the classes you take in podiatry school.

I'd venture over to the MCAT forum and ask them whether they believe biochemistry or cell biology is higher yield. I doubt there will be many questions on either, but cell biology will hammer home any basic cell function questions.

Qwerky anecdotal story. On my MCAT, I saw a plot with a buncha points n stuff on it with greek alphabet axes on it. Edumacated my way through the passage. 1 semester later in Biochem. Oh... Ramachandran plot.