Cell phone plans in Buffalo, NY

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TweetiePie

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
whats a GOOD and RELIABLE (i emphasize that over CHEAP) cell phone service in buffalo, ny? right now i have at&t but its not available in buffalo. thanx

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Tweetie....

basicall you have 3 main choices in Buffalo for celly plans....Sprint, Verizon, and Cingular. ABSOLUTELY do not get sprint. my friends and i have had more lost calls than calls that went through. the service here sucks. verizon is on if you're downtown alot, but you won't be. plus, if you go outside their home area, which is splotch at best, then you get charged a roaming fee ($.69 a minute, ouch). basically i would go with cingular. they have good plans ( <a href="http://onlinestore.cingular.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ES_PROD_RATE?storeAlias=unybuf&storeId=10551&catalogId=10551&langId=-1&svcAreaId=null&ratePlanType=National" target="_blank">cingular plans</a> ) and are reasonably priced. in addition, i have NEVER lost a call or lost service with them. plus they have all sorts of fun features that are free, and there are never any roaming or long distance charges, EVER. let me know if i can answer any other questions. good luck in buffalo!! :D :D :D

~e

i forgot to mention....cingular also has this new service where you can go online for free and see how many minutes you've used. pretty cool and hella useful.

Verizon is the way to go, I used it for 4 years while I was there as did most of my friends. Not the cheapest, but provides the best coverage.