centers for part 1 in canada

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

styloid

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
1-Can some one please tell me the centers for the paper based exam in canada ,I went thr the ADA web site, nothing there .2-Theres one more thing if any body could help me out with ----- I want to give computer based exam in may, how soon should I apply for it !!!! and when will they confirm abt the test I mean how many days before the test date will the confirmation be given?
3- how many vote for computer vs paper based ---- which one is better!!!
thanx!!

Members don't see this ad.

styloid said:
1-Can some one please tell me the centers for the paper based exam in canada ,I went thr the ADA web site, nothing there .2-Theres one more thing if any body could help me out with ----- I want to give computer based exam in may, how soon should I apply for it !!!! and when will they confirm abt the test I mean how many days before the test date will the confirmation be given?
thanx!!

Hi

There is a center at the University of Toronto. I'm not sure where you live but I think there is at least one center in every province. If you don't live in Toronto, you should call the ADA up and ask them about the centre in your area.
If you know that you'll be taking the exam in May, you can apply for it now or later. It takes about 2-3 weeks for them to process your application and give you an eligibility number which you can then use to book a testing date. You can book in on the internet or by calling the Prometric centre.
I"ve never done the paper based and so I don't know how it is. But people generally say that the paper based is slightly easier. Hope this helps.

hi cheer up
are you sure NBDE part1 will be held in canada in computer format as I think in canada we can only take the exam paper base?

Members don't see this ad :)
yasi said:
hi cheer up
are you sure NBDE part1 will be held in canada in computer format as I think in canada we can only take the exam paper base?

Hi

I'm talking about paper-based exam centeers only as there are NO CBT centers in Canada. Sorry, this is no longer true, starting November.

styloid said:
thanx!!

Hi Styloid!

Following is the list of prometric centers in Ontario Canada which conduct part one exam ( although I am not sure in which province you reside):

THOMSON PROMETRIC TEST CENTER
HAMILTON, ON L8N3Z1 Map
Phone: 905-527-7257 Site Code: 5374
4 HUGHSON STREET SOUTH 5TH FLOOR. TRIOS OFFICE

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
KITCHENER, ON N2G1C2 Map
Phone: 519-570-1777 Site Code: 5375
445 KING STREET WEST

LONDON, ON N5V3C6 Map
Phone: 519-455-0367 Site Code: 5361
520 FIRST STREET BAY 1

OTTAWA, ON K1J 9M2 Map
Phone: (613)745-8391 Site Code: 6024
5303 CANOTEK ROAD SHEFFORD PLAZA UNIT 2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

TORONTO, ON M2P 2E3 Map
Phone: 416-250-0073 Site Code: 5120
4025 YONGE STREET SUITE 215

TORONTO, ON M2P2E3 Map
Phone: 416-250-0073 Site Code: 5113
4025 YONGE ST. SUITE 215 (YONGE/YORK MILLS SUBWAY)

Gurminder said:
Hi Styloid!

Following is the list of prometric centers in Ontario Canada which conduct part one exam ( although I am not sure in which province you reside):

HAMILTON, ON L8N3Z1 Map

KITCHENER, ON N2G1C2 Map
445 KING STREET WEST

LONDON, ON N5V3C6 Map
520 FIRST STREET BAY 1

OTTAWA, ON K1J 9M2 Map

TORONTO, ON M2P 2E3 Map

TORONTO, ON M2P2E3 Map

Hi Gurminder

Thanks a lot for the info. I called up the ADA and they said they just started having CBT centers in Canada starting this November. Damn, I wished I had known this earlier so that I wouldn't have to go all the way down to Buffalo to sit it. Well, I guess for future sittings, it will be a lot more convenient for us, Canadians. :)

cheer_up said:
Hi Gurminder

Thanks a lot for the info. I called up the ADA and they said they just started having CBT centers in Canada starting this November. Damn, I wished I had known this earlier so that I wouldn't have to go all the way down to Buffalo to sit it. Well, I guess for future sittings, it will be a lot more convenient for us, Canadians. :)

You are most welcome.

Hi,
That,s weird I called ADA in November but they said that CBT is not available in Canada? Is there anyone who took CBT in Canada? Please help me out.
Thanks
Nkhalid

nkhalid said:
Hi,
That,s weird I called ADA in November but they said that CBT is not available in Canada? Is there anyone who took CBT in Canada? Please help me out.
Thanks
Nkhalid

Hi

There are definitely centers in Ontario (and maybe at other provinces as well). I confirmed that and I've signed up for it at one of the Toronto locations today (but didn't get the date I most wanted). I was signed up at Buffalo but I changed that today. You need to call up the prometric centers and tell them the location at which you want to sit it. If you are already booked at one of the centers in the US, you cannot get access to the Canadian centers online and so you need to call the prometric center. It's only when you get signed up at one of the Canadian centers that you can get access and check availability at the other centers. Good luck.

Thanx every one for the info sorry i was down with a flu .i could not log in ,well i am staying in winnipeg right now .... there is a prometric center here but may be i need to call them up !!but, its great news that there is a CBT here in canada it would really save some trouble .

Gurminder said:
Hi Styloid!

HAMILTON, ON L8N3Z1 Map

KITCHENER, ON N2G1C2 Map
445 KING STREET WEST

LONDON, ON N5V3C6 Map
520 FIRST STREET BAY 1

OTTAWA, ON K1J 9M2 Map

TORONTO, ON M2P 2E3 Map

TORONTO, ON M2P2E3 Map

Hi gurminder thanx for the great info ,i wanted to know if u have given the exam CBT from Canada .if so could u please throw some light on ur experiences.and could u please give me the web site address from where u got this info cause i stay in Winnipeg and i want to find out more abt it . a bunch of THANX!!!!!

styloid said:
Hi gurminder thanx for the great info ,i wanted to know if u have given the exam CBT from Canada .if so could u please throw some light on ur experiences.and could u please give me the web site address from where u got this info cause i stay in Winnipeg and i want to find out more abt it . a bunch of THANX!!!!!

Hi Styloid

Since I have access to the Canadian centers, I just checked Manitoba's availability for you, and there is a center which administers the CBT in Winnipeg. It is:

200 MEADOWOOD DRIVE, UNIT 17
WINNIPEG, MB R2M 5G3 Map
Phone: (204)988-5056 Site Code: 6021

I think you could call them up to book a testing date, but it's better that you call the Thompson Prometric Candidate Contact Center 1-800-688-5804 and book it with them.
Hope that helps. Hope you're feeling a lot better with the flu.

cheer_up said:
Hi Styloid

Since I have access to the Canadian centers, I just checked Manitoba's availability for you, and there is a center which administers the CBT in Winnipeg. It is:

200 MEADOWOOD DRIVE, UNIT 17
WINNIPEG, MB R2M 5G3 Map
Phone: (204)988-5056 Site Code: 6021

I think you could call them up to book a testing date, but it's better that you call the Thompson Prometric Candidate Contact Center 1-800-688-5804 and book it with them.
Hope that helps. Hope you're feeling a lot better with the flu.

wao thats really great ,thanx a lot i really owe it to u guys.ya i am fine now but feeling bad that lost a few days in which i was planning to go thr the decks for path now i need to work a lot more to complete my targets .thnax for asking!!!

styloid said:
wao thats really great ,thanx a lot i really owe it to u guys.ya i am fine now but feeling bad that lost a few days in which i was planning to go thr the decks for path now i need to work a lot more to complete my targets .thnax for asking!!!

Hey

No worries :D . I'm glad you're feeling a lot better. I know how you feel. I fell ill a few weeks ago and so I was quite annoyed at the fact that I couldn't study properly, and now something else unexpected occured to me again which kind of hinders my studies a bit. But I guess I've got to try to work around it because life is full of unexpected (often unwanted) things. So always expect the unexpected.... :smuggrin:

cheer_up said:
Hey

No worries :D . I'm glad you're feeling a lot better. I know how you feel. I fell ill a few weeks ago and so I was quite annoyed at the fact that I couldn't study properly, and now something else unexpected occured to me again which kind of hinders my studies a bit. But I guess I've got to try to work around it because life is full of unexpected (often unwanted) things. So always expect the unexpected.... :smuggrin:

ya! ur right its easy to prepare for exams when ur in a college , u really dont have too much on mind ,well, now there r lots of obstacles and responsibilities, eaqually dividing time is quite difficult and challenging .well i can only say keep ur fingers crossed :thumbup: take care bye!!!