How do you send transcripts to Residency programs (Canada)?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IMP101

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello friends. I am a foreign trained dentist and applying to a few schools for the residency program. One of the requirements is requesting the undergraduate university to send transcripts to the Canadian school directly. I have authentic, sealed transcripts from my undergraduate university with me and I am currently based in Canada. Can I bypass the lengthy and costly process of contacting my university and instead send the transcripts by myself?? The university will of course validate the authenticity of transcripts if contacted by the prospective dental school....

furthermore,

1. should i post the transcripts myself and say on the envelope that the university is the sender........ (I dont wanna lie and have never done so, but it doesnt feel like a big deal since the documents are authentic)

or

2. should i write to the school admissions department asking if they are alright with me sending the transcripts...... (but since the programs are so competitive, i dont want them to judge me on that... Don't wanna lose edge due to such a minor thing)

Would really appreciate insight on this and any experience on this would be really helpful

Members don't see this ad.