Central IL: $30k sign on bonus?

Started by clevisR6
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

clevisR6

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Would anyone be interested in a $30k sign on bonus for Central IL? Area includes Peoria, Bloomington-Normal, Kankakee, etc....

Some students were talking about it at work this week, I'll get more info Monday.

Anyone hear the same thing?
 
Yes, I saw a posting in the student lounge from Walgreens stating they would pay $30,000 signing bonus for pharmacists willing to move to Peoria. So it is fact and not rumor.
 
You can get a sign-on bonus for most of central Illinois. Most will not give sign-ons for Champaign-Urbana, maybe Springfield, and St. Louis area.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes, I saw a posting in the student lounge from Walgreens stating they would pay $30,000 signing bonus for pharmacists willing to move to Peoria. So it is fact and not rumor.

True....but then again, you'd have to live in central IL
 
Do you want to be surrounded by corn, soybeans, and hog farms? Central Illinois is not exactly an exciting place.

I do! And I find it very convenient that I'll be paid well for it. No traffic, no noise, and cleaner air (maybe). The lack of excitement is exciting to me.
 
I do! And I find it very convenient that I'll be paid well for it. No traffic, no noise, and cleaner air (maybe). The lack of excitement is exciting to me.

If that is what you want, than apply for a job in Central Illinois. You'll have no trouble finding one.
Hope you have fun at your shadowing location this week.
 
I do! And I find it very convenient that I'll be paid well for it. No traffic, no noise, and cleaner air (maybe). The lack of excitement is exciting to me.
If there are hog farms in the vicinity, the air may be cleaner, but it would certainly be a whole lot smellier.
 
If that is what you want, than apply for a job in Central Illinois. You'll have no trouble finding one.
Hope you have fun at your shadowing location this week.

Ironically, I picked my IPPE site with the first group of 20, and I chose one that is downtown. The daily commute is an epic journey through a crowded, traffic-laden hell, but it's only one week. I can deal, and I'm happy with my selection.

If there are hog farms in the vicinity, the air may be cleaner, but it would certainly be a whole lot smellier.

That's very true. I have considered the possibility of bad smells, and it's one of my top concerns. It's definitely something I'll research before I settle down somewhere.


There are certainly some drawbacks to rural living. If I start to hate it, I'll just move back to the city. At present, I'd rather not see or hear anyone or anything when I'm not working.