Certiphi background check email?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dc5484

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I know there was a thread on this a while ago, but I'm too lazy to find it...sorry. Anyways, I just got an e-mail from AMCAS saying that one of the participating med schools has requested a background check on me. Of the participating med schools, I have heard from Northwestern (accepted), and I am waiting for post-interview decision from UCLA.

I was wondering if anybody might have any idea as to what this might mean? Could it just be Northwestern requesting background checks on all their acceptees? Has anyone else who recently got into Northwestern received this email? Or could it shed light onto what my potential status at UCLA is? Anybody? I realize these might be stupid/impossible to answer questions, but any thoughts/input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

The list of participating schools this year is as follows:

• Northwestern University - The Feinberg School of Medicine
  • University of Mississippi School of Medicine
  • University of Vermont College of Medicine
  • UMDNJ--New Jersey Medical School
  • The University of Toledo College of Medicine
  • Morehouse School of Medicine
  • University of California Los Angeles David Geffen SOM
  • University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry
  • University of Colorado School of Medicine
  • Boston University School of Medicine
So in theory it could be either one. I had Toledo run a background check on me though (the only one of the list I applied to) after I was accepted. So my guess is that it's from Northwestern, though it could be that UCLA is running background checks on students they may be interested in.

I got mine from UCLA after I was accepted.

Members don't see this ad :)
has anybody who recently got into northwestern gotten this e-mail?

i know texasmd2b got a certiphi email way back in january and then was accepted to ucla in february, so who knows...?

I got this e-mail after getting into NW in December. I got into the same program that texasmd2b got into (Drew/UCLA) in late Feb and did not get an e-mail from Certiphi. It may be because I was already in their system so they didn't have to contact me again.

I got the same email today, having been accepted into Northwestern with the most recent bunch.

To tell you the truth, it kind of freaks me out. I really don't want to send my social security number over the internet to some company I've never heard of, even if AMCAS thinks they're OK. I'm currently considering just not filling out my information for awhile and only doing it in a few weeks if I decide I really want to go to Northwestern. Think that'll cause problems?

yeah i've done it...unless you have something to hide..no reason to delay the process....

i've gotten into northwestern and i got the email today.

It's from Northwestern most likely. I got an email from Certiphi after my acceptance to NU in Dec.

I got mine from NJMS after I was accepted