Certiphi Background Check Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

liutimot

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I listed my permanent residence as my home country since technically that's where my parents live and own a house. However, I have been studying in Canada (on a student visa) since I was 13. I gave Certiphi the date I left my home country which was in 2008.

My Certiphi check came back and under the "international criminal" the result shows "see below." The comment states "This applicant was under the age of 18 during his or her period of residence in this country. As such, we were unable to complete this check. If you have questions, please contact customer service."

Would this be an issue? Or should I call the schools and ask? All my other records in the US and Canada were clear (except for the US credit bureau...I don't have any credit product in the US but I do in Canada). Or should I contact Certiphi and have them try to run the search again with this time setting my exit date as of today (since it's a "permanent residence")?

Members don't see this ad.

Call Certiphi and see what they say and then update your school'(s) and let them know what's up. You should be okay though but stay on top of it and get it done ASAP.

Call Certiphi and see what they say and then update your school'(s) and let them know what's up. You should be okay though but stay on top of it and get it done ASAP.

Thanks for the response. I just called Certiphi and they explain that it shouldn't be a problem. The sentence just meant that there was no need for a search and was not indicating that I had an issue. Hopefully the schools will be ok with this too.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey @liutimot, sorry to revive this thread, but this was literally the only post I could find that had the same thing. I also have an international background as a kid and got the same comment on my Certiphi. Did this end up being an issue at all?

Hey @liutimot, sorry to revive this thread, but this was literally the only post I could find that had the same thing. I also have an international background as a kid and got the same comment on my Certiphi. Did this end up being an issue at all?

Not an issue!

Reactions: 1 user