Certiphi Background Check

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did anyone's certiphi report say that the subject's info could not be verified because transunion and merlin has no records of them (stated under the addresses that you provided)?

And just to confirm, all we have to do is release, NOT distribute?

Also, for those who are unaware, the school is NOT embedded in the source under most circumstances. Did all people who applied to philly schools see UPenn? They may use similar reporting services.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Here is the exact message: We were unable to verify this subject's data because neither Transunion nor Merlin have a file on this subject.

Members don't see this ad :)
After clicking release, does it go straight to the med school who asked for it or do I need to add the school as a third party?

Did anyone's certiphi report say that the subject's info could not be verified because transunion and merlin has no records of them (stated under the addresses that you provided)?

And just to confirm, all we have to do is release, NOT distribute?

Also, for those who are unaware, the school is NOT embedded in the source under most circumstances. Did all people who applied to philly schools see UPenn? They may use similar reporting services.

Yes. Click release and you are done or it is released after some time automatically unless you dispute.

Here is the exact message: We were unable to verify this subject's data because neither Transunion nor Merlin have a file on this subject.
I called them about this to clarify what it meant. It just means they have no credit data available. If you don't have a credit history (loans, credit cards, etc), this would be what would show up.

I received a CBC email in mid February but didn't get an acceptance yet. One of the med schools I interviewed at is planning to send acceptances in the end of February. Does this mean I'm going to be accepted?

I thought waitlisted students were informed they were waitlisted on May 15. When do schools usually inform students they've been placed on the waitlist for acceptance?

Sorry to bring this back up - anyone know what the "China Government ID" thing is? It's under the section about the military. If I've never served in the military do I still check the box that says I don't have one?

Edit: I went and got my report back already. Anybody have a wrong address? Did you "dispute"? Mine has my home address, but my college city/zip (which is in a different state!). This address doesn't exist. Any advice?

Last edited:
not to beat a dead horse, but i did want to clarify something....

so we only get ONE cbc email, no matter how many schools we get accepted or waitlisted to, right?

then once you click that you provide consent, you are consenting to all schools to see the cbc (all schools that have accepted or waitlisted you, that is)

then once you click submit, it is available to all schools.

the main reason i'm asking this, besides premed antsyness, is the providing "consent" part.... its not like you have to provide consent to each school, right? one consent is consent to all, right?

I just recently decided to attend a different school than the one I was previously accepted at. Do I need to do anything to release my cbc to my new school?

okay I think I answered my own question via aamc website:

• If this report has been procured prior to your acceptance by a participating school, the report will not be made available to that school until the AAMC receives notice of your acceptance.
  • Upon your initial, conditional acceptance to an additional, participating medical school, the report will be made available to additional, participating school(s) offering the acceptance, after January 1st.

Last edited: