Certiphi: Question about Reckless Driving Ticket

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FatherTime-PhD

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
When I was 17, I got a reckless driving ticket. It's definitely a misdemeanor. I'm not sure how court works, but I went to court w/out a lawyer and pretty sure I got it downgraded to a normal speeding ticket and paid a hefty fine. I didn't disclose this information on my primary/secondaries. Should I be concerned about it showing up on Certiphi?

I thought about paying to check for $70, but also know that I get ten days in January anyway before my report is released to schools ... figured I could explain my way out then? Thoughts?
Pretty Sure? Is that a YES or a NO? If you werent absolutely 100% sure it was downgraded you should have reported it. What you really should have done is researched BEFORE you submitted AMCAS, which you may have been able to do by logging into your DMV with your license number.

Having said all that, I wouldnt worry. If you get accepted and if this comes up, the worst that will be is a request for a letter to dean explaining (they just want the paperwork for their files). A VERY VERY BRIEF paragraph of just a few sentences will be enough. Leave it alone until then

Reactions: 2 users
Is a regular speeding ticket a misdemeanor in your state? If so, it probably still won’t show up on a background check but it’s likely in your best interest to report it to make sure everything is above board. If it’s not, you don’t have anything to worry about. In any event I can’t really see any possibility where anyone makes a major fuss about a speeding ticket as long as you’re honest about it and don’t make it seem like you’re hiding anything.

Reactions: 1 user
Pretty Sure? Is that a YES or a NO? If you werent absolutely 100% sure it was downgraded you should have reported it. What you really should have done is researched BEFORE you submitted AMCAS, which you may have been able to do by logging into your DMV with your license number.

Having said all that, I wouldnt worry. If you get accepted and if this comes up, the worst that will be is a request for a letter to dean explaining (they just want the paperwork for their files). A VERY VERY BRIEF paragraph of just a few sentences will be enough. Leave it alone until then
Yeah I was young ... and not really familiar with the process. I'm pretty sure I plead guilty to it (so yes?) but I went to a room before I stood before the judge and got it knocked down from reckless to just speeding. But still had to go before judge to determine if my license would be suspended (it was not).

Okay then, I'll just leave it alone for now. Thanks!

I didn't know I had a misdemeanor for expired registration and it showed up on my Certifi after I had already submitted everything. Didn't know that was a misdemeanor in the state I lived in at the time! Not much you can do about it now, but you can definitely pay the $70 and see if that shows up.

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah I was young ... and not really familiar with the process. I'm pretty sure I plead guilty to it (so yes?) but I went to a room before I stood before the judge and got it knocked down from reckless to just speeding. But still had to go before judge to determine if my license would be suspended (it was not).

Okay then, I'll just leave it alone for now. Thanks!
Not about pleading guilty, but are you sure it was reduced to simple speeding

Reactions: 1 users
Not about pleading guilty, but are you sure it was reduced to simple speeding
Yes. It’s still a speeding ticket that says 30+, but reckless driving isn’t on it anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.