cGPA 3.56, sGPA 3.30, should I reapply or do postbac?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Iipaca

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I am new to this forum and was hoping for some advice.
I currently have a 3.56 cGPA, 3.30 sGPA, and 498 and 510 MCAT. I previously applied for the 2017 cycle a little bit late in the cycle.

Since then, I have been accepted to a post-bacc program with a linkage to PCOM. I am having some financial problems right now, so I am trying to determine if it is worth it to go through with this program or re-apply again on my own.

Below are my EC:
1) Undergrad Researcher in bioengineering lab and ecology lab (760 hours combined)
2) Shadowing DO/MD Doctors (36 hours)
3) Choir/String Orchestra (130 hours combined)
4) Breast Cancer Awareness NPO in Tokyo (144 hours)
5) Hospital Volunteer at two hospitals (300 hours combined)
6) Finance Intern (140 hours)

Should I do a post-bacc or reapply now and keep shadowing/volunteering? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

With your 510 MCAT and GPA you are competitive for all DO schools so apply broadly to at least 15 schools and you should receive several interviews.Where is your state of residence?

Reactions: 1 users
With your 510 MCAT and GPA you are competitive for all DO schools so apply broadly to at least 15 schools and you should receive several interviews.Where is your state of residence?
Alright, thank you so much for your reply! I am a resident in PA, so I am really hoping for PCOM!

Members don't see this ad :)
It is also worth applying to these MD schools in your state:
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Penn State
Commonwealth-Geisinger
Also include LECOM for DO.

I have never heard of Commonwealth-Geisinger before. I'll be sure to look into it!

Status
Not open for further replies.