cGPA: 3.8, sGPA: 3.9, MCAT: 36. But how are my ECs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Banco

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thank you for all the help everyone! Closing it down now.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
ECs are outstanding. Nothing wrong with aiming high.

Goro suggests:

Harvard
UPenn
Columbia
Yale
UChicago
Cornell
Mt. Sinai
NYU
Albert Einstein
Northwestern
UMichigan
UVa
Tufts
Boston U
U ILL
Loyola
Stanford
WashU
Pitt
NYU

ECs are outstanding. Nothing wrong with aiming high.

Thank you for the suggestion Goro. I realize you took away the safeties from my list. Any particular reason for that? I will still definitely apply to my state schools but I want to know if I should have more safeties/middle tiers.

As of now I was planning on having ~3-4 safeties, ~3-4 mid tiers, and the rest were all top 25 or so. You seem to be okay with the top heavy list as well, but would that be too risky?

Members don't see this ad :)
Stats are great, and ECs look solid.

Maybe add Rochester as another mid tier. Consider Duke, UPitt, and WashU as well.

Maybe more adcoms can help you out because you seem to be aiming high. @Catalystik @gyngyn

Last edited:
What do you mean that you are "most likely" ORM?

If you want to add another school, have you considered Dartmouth? It's out in the boonies, though.

What do you mean that you are "most likely" ORM?

If you want to add another school, have you considered Dartmouth? It's out in the boonies, though.

Last edited:
I am South Asian but not Indian, so I don't know how that really works, which is why I said "most likely". I really don't know if all Asians are ORM or not.

I see. I think it can also depend on the school.

I see. I think it can also depend on the school.

Yeah, plus I don't even know how much that matters, but it could possibly put me at a slight disadvantage since I am average stats wise. Either way, do you think my list is good at this point? I don't want to get overconfident now with so many top schools.

Any other opinions? Perhaps some more adcom opinions? I appreciate it greatly since I am finalizing my app now!

Last edited: