Cgpa

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TKT01

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I saw that some schools require minimal 3.0 cumulative gpa to apply.
If I got 2.95 gpa of 122 credits at 4 years university and then 4.0 gpa of 16 credits at community college, is my cumulative GPA considered to be 3.0+?
I recently had to take some pre-requisites after I decided to apply for DPT program since they were not needed for my bio degree.
Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

your good. if you do the math it should be like 3.05 or something...maybe even higher like 3.07. Remember they CANT just average the two gpas, they have to put all grades in the equation.

I actually have a gpa like that (~2.96+) and a GRE of 1150, and im praying i get in, even at an MPT school.

Thanks, and I got one more question. Would it be good idea to repeat 2 pre-requisites with C even if I already graduated? Someone told me to not bother since my cGPA from that university was locked once I got my degree so it won't change.

The person you talked to may be correct about the locked GPA, but if you do take it, the DPT schools (almost all of them) will just average the scores anyway. Me personally, I have some pre-reqs that are low, like child psych with a D and I didn't bother retaking it. I've already graduated also. Just waiting now.