Chad's OC videos vs Kaplan Orgo

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

mn94

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have the Kaplan book, and I've gone through Chad's videos and taken thorough notes on those too. I noticed that Chad's orgo videos and his reaction table have a lot more detail than the Kaplan book - does anyone know which might be closer to the actual DAT?
 
I felt like Chad's videos and his reaction tables were closest to the actual DAT. However, there was one particular reaction that chad did not cover. Luckily i had gone through Organic chemistry odyssey and saw a similar question there. I believe the combination of chad's videos and Destroyer products will prepare you very well for the real.
 
I only used Chad's OChem videos to study and picked up some random reactions that I learned from doing the Bootcamp and Qvault practice tests that weren't covered in Chads. But on the actual test I didn't have any of the random reactions I memorized. Everything was very straight forward and I was fortunate enough to get a 30 on the OChem section.

I'd say I spent 90% of my time memorizing all the reagents etc given on the Chads packets that you can find for the OChem sections.