Chad's OC videos vs Kaplan Orgo

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mn94

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have the Kaplan book, and I've gone through Chad's videos and taken thorough notes on those too. I noticed that Chad's orgo videos and his reaction table have a lot more detail than the Kaplan book - does anyone know which might be closer to the actual DAT?

Members don't see this ad.

I felt like Chad's videos and his reaction tables were closest to the actual DAT. However, there was one particular reaction that chad did not cover. Luckily i had gone through Organic chemistry odyssey and saw a similar question there. I believe the combination of chad's videos and Destroyer products will prepare you very well for the real.

I only used Chad's OChem videos to study and picked up some random reactions that I learned from doing the Bootcamp and Qvault practice tests that weren't covered in Chads. But on the actual test I didn't have any of the random reactions I memorized. Everything was very straight forward and I was fortunate enough to get a 30 on the OChem section.

I'd say I spent 90% of my time memorizing all the reagents etc given on the Chads packets that you can find for the OChem sections.