Chad's videos + Alternatives to Bootcamp for PAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Qazzz

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi I just had two questions.

Which source of chad's videos is the best source? I know there is the 50 dollar coursesaver one but he apparently isn't affiliated with them anymore and now posts on his website? Should I use his website? He even has this chemistry prep website that he now promotes? Should I use that or is that too much information? I can't find any of his QR videos on his new website so should I just pay the $50 for course saver? Honestly really confused what are you guys thinking of doing?

For my second question, are there any alternatives to bootcamp for PAT practice. My wallet can't handle that kind of money investment right now but I still wanted to study for the PAT somehow until I can afford the bootcamp? Any thoughts?

Edit: I was also wondering, my plan is to take the DAT the next summer, would it be a waste of my time to study as if I had it at the end of this summer then re-do the whole process next summer or would this still be a good use of my time even though i'll probably forget everything?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
If you can, why not try and take it at the very end of this summer? That way you'll be free to apply early next summer. If that's not possible I don't see any harm in studying some this summer to get familiar with the content. I would lightly review every now and then throughout the year so you won't forget everything.

As for pat, you can use some of the free generators from DAT genius without paying and bootcamp has a couple free exams too that you can use to practice pat until you get really into studying.

The new Chad videos are okay but they're a little more broad and less focused for the dat than the course saver videos. If you're not taking the test this summer I would just use the free material from chads because it's mostly the same information. Get coursesaver next summer. Plus it might've good to hear the information presented in a slightly different way. His QR videos are okay but mostly just basics so you'll be fine without watching them imo.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Edit: I was also wondering, my plan is to take the DAT the next summer, would it be a waste of my time to study as if I had it at the end of this summer then re-do the whole process next summer or would this still be a good use of my time even though i'll probably forget everything?

I think you'd forget a lot of out if you prepared now and then waited a year to prepare again. Any particular reason you don't want to just take it at the end of this summer?

I think you'd forget a lot of out if you prepared now and then waited a year to prepare again. Any particular reason you don't want to just take it at the end of this summer?

I am unfortunately not a very bright individual so I wanted more time than 8 weeks, and since I cannot afford the bootcamp now I feel I wouldn't be properly prepared to succeed at the end of this summer. I also just finished my second year of my undergrad so I am not really in a hurry since I am applying at the end of my 4th year (genuinely doubt i'd get in after only three years of my undergrad). I also heard that some universities don't take account of my DAT if it has been two years since I took it? So yea.. maybe i'll change my mind if I end up doing well in a practice exam or something.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you can, why not try and take it at the very end of this summer? That way you'll be free to apply early next summer. If that's not possible I don't see any harm in studying some this summer to get familiar with the content. I would lightly review every now and then throughout the year so you won't forget everything.

As for pat, you can use some of the free generators from DAT genius without paying and bootcamp has a couple free exams too that you can use to practice pat until you get really into studying.

The new Chad videos are okay but they're a little more broad and less focused for the dat than the course saver videos. If you're not taking the test this summer I would just use the free material from chads because it's mostly the same information. Get coursesaver next summer. Plus it might've good to hear the information presented in a slightly different way. His QR videos are okay but mostly just basics so you'll be fine without watching them imo.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Thanks for the reply. Something like DAT genius with a free generator is exactly what I was looking for. I was planning on taking detailed notes from my study session now and reviewing them throughout the year, maybe it'll make stuff much easier the second time around. Btw if you don't mind me asking, for QR would I be ok with just going over the basics with chad then running through the math destroyer or should I look for other sources to study the material from before tackling the math destroyer?

Thanks for the reply. Something like DAT genius with a free generator is exactly what I was looking for. I was planning on taking detailed notes from my study session now and reviewing them throughout the year, maybe it'll make stuff much easier the second time around. Btw if you don't mind me asking, for QR would I be ok with just going over the basics with chad then running through the math destroyer or should I look for other sources to study the material from before tackling the math destroyer?

I think with QR the best way to improve is practice, so once you dust off your old math knowledge with chads, go straight to destroyer, datbootcamp, and other sources to get plenty of practice in.

It's pretty tough to prepare for the DAT without Bootcamp. Since you are still quite some time away from applying, wait to take the DAT. While you wait for the next year or so, do your self a favor and save up the $250 or so it takes to purchase a Bootcamp subscription. While there have been successful DAT takers without bootcamp, I can't imagine taking the DAT without it.

So, get a jar and beg on the street corner if you have to. You will thank yourself for the investment after taking the DAT.

Reactions: 1 user
It's pretty tough to prepare for the DAT without Bootcamp. Since you are still quite some time away from applying, wait to take the DAT. While you wait for the next year or so, do your self a favor and save up the $250 or so it takes to purchase a Bootcamp subscription. While there have been successful DAT takers without bootcamp, I can't imagine taking the DAT without it.

So, get a jar and beg on the street corner if you have to. You will thank yourself for the investment after taking the DAT.
Haha, will do!