Chad's Videos: ChemistryPrep(free vs. sub) and CourseSaver

Started by InProgess
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

InProgess

Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Please help me determine the difference between these! I've looked over many threads but answers are not very clear. I am unsure if people use "chad's videos" interchangeably with coursesaver and the ones on chemistryprep. There is a free version and a subscription version($10/month) on chemistryprep website for gen chem. On the coursesaver website, it is $50/month. I heard that coursesaver is geared towards DAT but has some stuff left out. Whereas chad's videos(free or sub?) covers too much... Supposedly chad had a fallout with coursesaver and he left?? I am extremely confused.... but I had already subscribed to the $10/month chemistry prep one because i assumed that's what people meant and it has 21 chapters... Is it necessary to go through all of them, is there an outline for the sections that are necessary for the DAT? I just want to know if I am studying the right material...Which one do you recommend??
 
Please help me determine the difference between these! I've looked over many threads but answers are not very clear. I am unsure if people use "chad's videos" interchangeably with coursesaver and the ones on chemistryprep. There is a free version and a subscription version($10/month) on chemistryprep website for gen chem. On the coursesaver website, it is $50/month. I heard that coursesaver is geared towards DAT but has some stuff left out. Whereas chad's videos(free or sub?) covers too much... Supposedly chad had a fallout with coursesaver and he left?? I am extremely confused.... but I had already subscribed to the $10/month chemistry prep one because i assumed that's what people meant and it has 21 chapters... Is it necessary to go through all of them, is there an outline for the sections that are necessary for the DAT? I just want to know if I am studying the right material...Which one do you recommend??

They recently re-did Mike's videos on BC to have little clicky quizzes at the end like Chads videos, so I think that has improved them a lot. I have tried Chad's videos and liked Mike's better. I have not tried coursaver though. $50 is a lot for just chemistry videos. I have not taken the DAT yet (next Sunday) but the cut through the garbage approach that BC has made Mike's videos worth their weight in gold.
 
Chad's videos are much better and go into greater detail than Mike's. They also have more quiz questions.

It really just comes down to whether or not you want to pay an additional $50 for chemistry preparation.