Challenge/Adversity question. PLEASE HELP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr. Anonymouss

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all, I am struggling with one particular secondary question. It is the "Discuss a time you failed.... and Describe a significant challenge you have experienced in your life..." Luckily I can use the same idea for both prompts, butttttt I used it in my AMCAS meaningful essay for the works and activities section. I have really only had one extremely difficult situation in my life in which I endured said experience for years before overcoming this issue and adapting to the reality of the situation. I realized the importance of this so I wanted to include it in my application. I feel weary to just use the same experience for these secondary prompts, but not everyone has something that is so impactful. I only have one and I already discussed it. The only other thing I can talk about is having a rough season in baseball, but I overcame this through practice. I hope what I said doesn't come off as entitled or privileged, I did endure my fair share of trauma which I overcame with adversity, but I already talked about it :(

Whats everyone's advice???

Members don't see this ad.

Talk about it in a different way. My “greatest challenge” was mentioned in my personal statement but I discuss it differently in my secondary essays.

Reactions: 1 users