Chance Me

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HopefulErDr

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
3.63/3.79 Trend has been increasing 3.3,3.6,4.0. Freshman to Junior year.
508 (129/127/128/124) Yeah I know, psyc was brutal for me.
NC Resident
White
Small private university
300 hours (still increasing) hours scribing in 2 emergency departments.
~150 hours clinical volunteering in the ED
1 Semester of research, but I didn't have a publication or presentation, I found out research isn't for me.
No shadowing yet, however I shadow a surgeon in 2 weeks. I'm hoping to find more shadowing opportunities now that the MCAT is behind me.
I don't have non clinical volunteering yet, but I attend orientation for the homeless shelter in a week, then I can begin there.
I don't think it matters. but I played football my freshman year at our D2 college.
I have lab assisted for 4 semesters for microbiology, it'll be 6 by the time I graduate.
1 Semester lab assistant for anatomy, probably 2-3 when I graduate.
I was just elected pre med club president, looking to start initiatives there soon with the local homeless shelter.
I peer mentored 2 classes of prenursing students my sophomore year (I was a nursing major).
I was on the Deans list for my freshman and sophomore years, Presidents list for the past semester.

So hopefully I have a chance, a little about me, I was a nursing major that really didn't know what I wanted to do with life. I discovered medicine and haven't looked back since. This was the first thing I have truly been passionate for. I switched majors going into spring of my sophomore year from nursing to biology. I have been doing GPA repair as I used to be lazy, however, it has been in upper level hard sciences that I have been making a 4.0 to repair it, so I hope it helps.

Any advice would be appreciated, I'm not opposed to DO but I would like to go MD if possible!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I suggest these schools with your stats:
UNC
East Carolina
Wake Forest
NOVA MD
Virginia Commonwealth
Eastern Virginia
George Washington
Penn State
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Seton Hall
New York Medical College
Vermont
Quinnipiac
Oakland Beaumont
Western Michigan
Medical College Wisconsin
Rosalind Franklin
TCU-UNTHSC (new school)

I suggest these schools with your stats:
UNC
East Carolina
Wake Forest
NOVA MD
Virginia Commonwealth
Eastern Virginia
George Washington
Penn State
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Seton Hall
New York Medical College
Vermont
Quinnipiac
Oakland Beaumont
Western Michigan
Medical College Wisconsin
Rosalind Franklin
TCU-UNTHSC (new school)

Thank you! Wake Forest is where I would love to go, do I actually have a fighting chance there? Also, if my family doctor that I grew up with went to MUSC, and one of the doctors I scribe for went to MUSC, would that be strong enough to be worth applying to MUSC?

Members don't see this ad :)