chance of acceptance?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alovelikepi

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi everyone, i was wondering if i could get your opinion on my chances for this cycle

3.58 gpa overall, 3.43 sci

AA 19
TS 19
PAT 19

my QR is only 16..do you think schools will overlook this, or is a retake in order? i won't be able to retake until october..

i have a few hundred dental assisting hours, about 100 volunteer hours, research experience

i applied to boston, tufts, temple, nyu, detroit mercy, michigan, pacific, nova, case, maryland, midwestern, vcu, and marquette

also, im a canadian applicant but attend school in the u.s.

do you guys think i have a shot at any of these schools? any input is appreciated! thanks in advance

Members don't see this ad.

retake dat and aim for 20+.. but other than that i think you are pretty good

thanks for responding

i feel like i can improve my dat score and agree with you that 20s would look much better. october seems like it might be too late though. im also worried that if i happen to do worse on the retake ill lose any shot i might have already had with schools.

but, if my chances of getting an acceptance are very slim with these stats, then i guess i'll just have to take it again and hope for the best

anyone else have any advice?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey

From my personal experience I had similar stats last year and I ended up getting waitlisted. Your scores are good and are def good enough to get in if you get lucky. Do you want to depend on luck though? I recommend retaking it but going through with the application. When you get your scores, immediately email the adcoms with your scores. Good luck!

Your GPA and overall DAT scores are exactly at or above the average for most schools (for last year's entering class). The problem is the 16 QR. Even though a low score in that section is overlooked by some schools, a lot of them have a cutoff of 17. I would look on each school's website to see if they say anything about a cutoff. If not, call the school and ask. Then you can decide if it is worth a retake or not. If most of your schools will not consider anything lower than a 17, then you would know that a retake is advisable.