This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

predenthelp

Reaction score
Hi guys, new here. So this has been on my mind lately and I haven’t been able to think straight. My overall GPA is 3.32 with all of my undergraduate studies combined. I obtained a 3.29 GPA after 2 years at a community college, a 3.55 GPA at the university i transferred to and, the part that’s been bugging me, a 3.2 GPA in my post-bac. The post-bac program completely dropped my GPA and i feel like it ruined my chances of getting into any dental school in Texas. I haven’t taken my DAT yet, i’m currently studying for it. Im obtaining an HPAC letter (barely qualified but hey), and i plan on becoming a dental assistant after i take my DAT in June. Let’s say i get a 20 on the DAT, do you think i’d still have a chance of getting into any dental school in Texas? I’m kinda freaking out internally. (also i’m a texas resident)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi guys, new here. So this has been on my mind lately and I haven’t been able to think straight. My overall GPA is 3.32 with all of my undergraduate studies combined. I obtained a 3.29 GPA after 2 years at a community college, a 3.55 GPA at the university i transferred to and, the part that’s been bugging me, a 3.2 GPA in my post-bac. The post-bac program completely dropped my GPA and i feel like it ruined my chances of getting into any dental school in Texas. I haven’t taken my DAT yet, i’m currently studying for it. Im obtaining an HPAC letter (barely qualified but hey), and i plan on becoming a dental assistant after i take my DAT in June. Let’s say i get a 20 on the DAT, do you think i’d still have a chance of getting into any dental school in Texas? I’m kinda freaking out internally.
texas schools are extremely competitive
it's difficult to say for sure, especially without a full WAMC template, but my guess would be it's going to take more than 20...

Reactions: 1 user
it's difficult to say for sure, especially without a full WAMC template, but my guess would be it's going to take more than 20...
understandable. so i would possibly have to aim for a 23 to get noticed? i’m a texas resident by the way.

understandable. so i would possibly have to aim for a 23 to get noticed? i’m a texas resident by the way.
it's difficult to say for sure, especially without a full WAMC template...